Chapter 9

I was standing in the terrace facing the sky...looking at calm moon 🌙
When I felt someone just behind me..I didn't try. That's when I heard saying" Divu..Divya...woh.."
I froze at that voice. It was him...Rhagav...
"Divya...ahh listen?"....
I took a deep breath and turned to face him with a very neutral face.
"Hi Divya..ho..how arr..are you?"I said suttering. I didn't understand why he is Suttering?! And he is talking to me.
"Hi Rhagav..I'm fine. How are you!?" I said in very plain and formal tone.
He signed heavily shaking his head nd said" ok divya..let's cut the crape yarr..why are we even being like this as if we don't know each other!!?..Anyway congrats divu..I'm so proud and happy for you."
"Thanku Rhagav...and I thought you don't want to talk to me, you want to be like this only. So I didn't initiate anything. I thought you don't want people to know this...that we know each other and stuff...sooo anyway came sit" I said and told him to sit on the chair placed there.
We sat and there some awkward silence that was making atmosphere very uncomfortable. We were sitting facing Each Other.
"No..it's not like I wanted our first conversation after years to be like this. But I was shocked is understatement becoz I was extremely shocked to see you after years that also as an officer..and on top of that my junior...that's why...I mean I didn't know you wanted to be an IPS..Dhruv also didn't mention about you when we were in the preparing phase he used talk about Aditi, uncle and aunty when ever i asked or we had a family conversation but he never mentioned you..i mean he did sometime but maybe i was absent minded back then . So..I...I.." he stated.

"Did you ever asked him about me?" I said. And there was silence again he kept his head low looking at other side towards the sky.

"And..so you have the answer why u didn't know anything about me!!. Anyway it's not like I knew about you. And I didn't even have a proper conversation with any of my family members all these years. So that's OK...I think since now we had sort of a proper conversation we can talk normally from tomorrow unlike today." I said plainly thought it pained me to know that he didn't even bothered to ask even once to my brother.
And all I did in my free time all these years  is to think about him,his relationship. His post on social media. BTW did I mention he is quite famous on insta. But since he was in Delhi hostel preparing for UPSC till today he had not posted anything with his gf. His gf's account on the other hand is deactivate since years now. Like since we passd out schl. Maybe she has some other I'd I don't know about. Maybe the have some joined couple I'd together where I am blocked or something.
I was thinking of all those when he stated speaking signing " Divya..OK u r right I wasn't...no. leave it. We will be talking properly from tomorrow. What ever happened is past even it's today's incident or anything. So let's a  fresh."
I looked at him being confused.
He had a slight smile on his face a very small one which could be hardly noticed. And then I looked at his extended hand. 'A handshake 🤝???"
" yeah a handshake" he said with that same smile.
And I was shocked " did..did I said that aloud" I asked.  He shook.his head as no and said "no but your expression and your eyes were screaming that...so lets start from where we left or maybe lets make a little progress..lets be friends".
And I looked him then at his hand. His face was glowing under the moon light. His little beard was making him look.so hot. That little smirked or I say smile was doing bo justice to my poor heart. I was melting 🫠 again in him. His raised his eyebrow and I realized he was waiting for an ans. And I took his hand in mine. His smile grew bigger.
"Thank you" he said very calmly and with a slight adoration maybe a bit of satisfaction was mixed in it.
His voice was soft more than usual or maybe he has never talked to me in that soft tone ever till now. He has always ignore me. Even if I tried to talk he always answer me coldly and that tone he used today was the one he used with Shersaha (his gf).

He was still holding my hand softly yet his grip was strong.
We were looking at each other and then suddenly his expression changed. And left my hand abruptly and stood up. "OK I guess I should leave its quite late now. So see ya tomorrow. Good night". He said
"Good night. Bye" I said very softly and I doubt my bye wasn't even audible.
He left again without even looking at me. And literally ran down stairs. 
I signed "I can never get his love. Mei uski jooganiya kabhi nahi baan sakti"

Hey guys. Plz vote. See ya all soon.  Love you 😍 💗 bye