Chapter 19

Rhagav pov:

The whether is doing no justice to us it's getting worst by every passing second.
We have find a shelter as fast as possible. I had kept Divya on a uplifted platform with support of a tree in sitting posture. I checked on her wound in her side waist, the dressing needs to be changed, the bandage is getting wet. I checked on her neck, it has injection marks. I caresses her marks...and then slowly and carefully lifted her to my arms.
I started walking towards the tribal houses.
People are running inside their houses. I saw a old lady struggling to find her way in the chaos, so I went to her....
"Dadi apko koi help chahiya? (Grandma do you need any help?)
Aree dadi don't worry I won't harm you. You are like my grandma only. Come I'll help you" I spoke very softly and politely to her. She eyed Divya and said in her oldie voice "kon hai yeh?? (Who is she). Kahi tu esha bagha ka to nahi laya na. It will be bad for you if you both have eloped from your houses!! I am warning you." She said in a cold and strict voice pointing her index towards me and Divya.
She started shouting telling that 'there is stranger with a girl, maybe have eloped together, and came here'
People started crowding around us goving us death-stare "Oh no, they will harm us, or even worst kill us of they found that we are unmarried  they won't listen to any explanation I'm sure from their looks." I mummerd to myself looking at Divya.

They bombarded us with questions-'who are you?',
'Why is the girl with you?',
'Have you both eloped?'
'You guys don't look married?'
'Don't you know that we kill people or punish them for eloping?'
My head was spinning hearing the question. I was standing in the middle of everyone with my head low and they had made me kept Divya sit on a chair.
That's when the grandma came kept her hand on my hair and softly asked
" Beta, tell us or they will punish you, no matter who you are!!" She asked this in low voice looking at my helpless eyes that were bagging for help. And then said aloud "why the girl is unconscious and hurt? Don't tell me it's you who have done this?" She asked in a straight and cold tone.
To which I immediately nooded my head and said 'NO!'

I pressed my lips together, took a deep breath and started speaking in a loud voice "EVERYONE. I AM READY TO ANSWER ALL YOU QUESTIONS.  BUT PLEASE LISTEN TO ME. LET ME SPEAK ATLEAST!!"
They looked at each other nooded and then looked back at me. One of them "SPEAK BUT REMEMBER IF WE GET ANY SUSPICIOUS BEHAVIOR FROM YOU. WE WON'T HESITATE TO PUNISH BOTH OF YOU!!!"
I nooded my head to everyone and started speaking
"I'm Rhagav. And this is Divya 'MY WIFE' we were out together for a trip. But our car broke down in the middle of no where. When I went to find someone, leaving her behind in the car, I found no one.  As came back I saw my car's door open and some people maybe gangsters were dragging her wife out. I tried saving her but those people had gun so they started firing. And in that Divya got hurt. I somehow managed to take her to a local hospital for taking the bullet out and bandages and after that when we came out. Those goons were back again. We somehow managed to reach here!! Please help us"
I said everything whatever came to my mind at that moment, but couldn't ignore that unusual feeling while introducing her as 'my wife'.
"BUT why did the goons attack you?" One of them in such a confidence tone that he was sure I will have anny answer for this.
But I have and, that's the truth. I won't lie in this" My wife, Divya and I we both are officers. IPS officers" I said  looking at Divya and heard them gasp in shock.
Then the grandma came to me and again kept her hand lovingly on my heard "Beta, she doesn't have any symbol of a married women. I guess those goons have stolen it" I couldn't speak, just nooded my head in approval. I quietly without anyone's notice took a ring out of my pocket and showed them "Actually this is the only thing that's left with me. As a symbol of our marriage and she gave it to me,In the hospital 🏥 "
They nooded. And grandma spoke" Chalo.. came with me to my pace it will start raining in no time. Everyone chalo go back. Enough of the drama" and everyone started moving.

Grandma took us to her house. There was a old man, dadu. We got to know that the old couple stay here alone. Divya was in my arms when dadu saw Divya's wound.
He told me lie her on the floor mat I was confused about what us he going to do. And then Grandma told that dadu has great knowledge of  Ayurveda. The village has very dim lights. So in the light of a oil lamp he grinde some leaves,mix some drops of oil, some medicines, turmeric and made a paste. He that removed the old bandage and took a clean,washed cloth applied that paste on her wound and changed her dressing. He applied the some other paste on my wound after dadi told dadu about my injury on my right arm.
"Beta we don't have much clothes with us. But since we had a grandson who used to wear clothes like you..so I'll give his clothes to you. You freshenup and change. You will gell good. Till then I'll help get your wife freshenup and change her saree." Dadi told me in loving manner while pointing towards a room and continued "there is a attached washroom go there. I'll take your wife in our room. Go do your business your dadu will go the clothes. Kiyu ji?" Dadi said looking towards dadu.
"Ji ji bilkul. Aap bole or hum na kare, asha kabhi ho sakta hai. (you told me do somethingand I'll not do, is that even possible). Chalo, beta come with me" dadu replied and showed me the way.

After taking a shower and wearing the kuta pajama i came out only to see the old couple sitting together and watching the heavy pouring rain. Suddenly we heard a scream.....it's Divya she's up I have to explain her or else............