Chapter 29

Author's Pov

Rhagav was driving silently, his jaw was tighten, and his grip was so tight on the wheel that his kunckle has turn white, speed was increasing as the car was running on the empty road. Dhruv and Elders cars were left far behind now.
Divya who sat determine to give this relationship, this marriage a chance and would help Rhagav to come back to his old-self was now a little scared as the speed of the car was increasing.
She held on her seat belt and closed her eyes...he increased the speed even more but realising that Divya was getting scared he stopped the car with a jerk..inhaling deeply closing his eyes his tried calming himself. Turning to Divya he noticed that her lips are trembling a little, massaging his temple he turned completly towards Divya "Divya listen before we reach Lucknow I want to clear something " He spoke. Hearing him speaking she opened her eyes,look to him and nooded so he continued "I really don't want his marriage, and you know that. I...I really can't give you what to deserve in this marriage Divya. I can't. You can't be my wife. Maybe for the world yes! You would be my wife. But in room we would be nothing but roommates maybe or maybe not. We might not even share a same room. I really don't understand why have to agreed!? But what ever the reason is, I would not be responsible for your happiness in this marriage or anything related to the marriage."
Rhagav spoke and Divya though was not shocked but she felt emotionally drained so to stop her tears she bit her lower lip and looked down while nodding and Rhagav spoke again "Though you will be nothing but my responsibility. But please make sure you dicision shouldn't interfere in my life and mine won't interfere with yours! That's all I guess for now".
"Yeah...you...I guess" Divya said lowly.
No matter how many times she gathered her confidence to face Rhagav she falls weak in front of him. But this time it's a do or die thing for her. And she is determine to do this. She will make Rhagav believe in love. She will help him to heal, she will be his medicine. But for that she needs to know the reason of the wound. She needs to know about Rhagav's past in order to heal him in present and make his future better.
And she will find out the reason. With this thought she tries to again console herself. Taking a deep breath closing her eyes for sometime she tries to clear her mind and then speaks "I understand what you said Rhagav and I respect that, I know you need your space and I'm ready to give you that."

Rhagav feels a little relieved hearing that,Divya speaks again "But that doesn't mean I won't consider this relationship. You accept it or not but I'm your wife and you're my husband. I will never demand any such wifely rights from you, but I won't divorce you either. Sorry I can't divorce you. Just like you have your reasons not to accept this relationship, I have mine not to divorce you" her voice sounds confident and determined to Rhagav.
"Reasons!? What are you reasons not to divorce me ? Tell me!" Rhagav spoke gritting his teeth.
" Will you disclose your reasons, if I tell you mine? I guess no right? " Divya stated.
"YEAH RIGHT! FINE! I'll also see how far can you drag this... REMEMBER THIS One sided Relationship has no future, what you are doing is just going tame and hurt both of us. This is not a movie" Rhagav spoke.
" bohot purana dialogue hai Rhagav change it and I'm well aware this is not a movie. But you never know what the future holds for you. Even if there is 1% hope I will try!" Divya said with a very small smile. It was not even a proper smile but looking at that Rhagav felt a spark so he immediately turned his face and started the car's engine. By then the other Dhruv's car had reached, seeing Rhagav's car Dhruv stopped his car, sliding the window down he asked "what's the matter? Why did you stop? All good?" 
"Yeah Bhaiii all good. We just stopped to talk a bit also Rhagav was tired from driving so he stopped to rest." Divya answered before Rhagav.
And in response Rhagav nodded agreeing. "Oh should I call dad and tell him to drive my car, they must be behind only will be reaching us soon and I'll drive Rhagav's car if he's tired" Dhruv suggested .
Rhagav opened his mouth to speak but before he could say anything Divya spoke again.
"No no bhai..instead I'll drive. What say Rhagav? you sit here and relax and I'll drive the rest of the distance" Divya said and Rhagav opened his mouth to speak but was cut-off by Aditi "Great idea Divu. You should rest Rhagav for now. And If Divya gets tired then you'll again take over" Rhagav kept gapping like a fish trying to speak but was getting cut by the Manhotras.
Divya was suppressing her smile as she notice Rhagav was getting irritated due to getting cut repeatly.
"Rhagav comeon comeon hurry up get off the driver's seat come here." Divya said and Rhagav glared at her but Divya proudly ignored him..
And they exchanged their seats and Divya started driving. As they went a little far from Dhruv's car Rhagav started speaking again "Divya I wasn't tired...what was all that! Why did make up that I was tired? "
" cause I wanted to Drive" Divya said casually.  Her tone was so calm and cool. Rhagav was a little surprise how within a matter of some time Divya's tone is so composed because moments back she was suttering,  depressed, crying and what not. But now she is seems so chill.
He felt like he's seeing the old Divya again who was cool, chill, tension free teenage, who was a bubbly girl, sassy and savage at the same time. He sometimes used to miss that old Divya when he met Divya after years few mouths back as an officer.
Remembering Divya's bubbly and sweet character Rhagav had constant smile on his face.
Drive drive the car for almost 2 hours before she stopped in front of a Dhabha (small road side food shop)
She looked at Rhagav and foud him sleeping, with a small smile on his face. His right profile was facing her and She misses his cute deep dimple on his right cheek which appers as he laughs or smiles widly but now a day he doesn't even smile. It had been years since she saw him and since the time she met him again she has never seen him smiling like before , he only sometimes smirkes that's all. She looks away from him as she saw movements in his closed eyes.
"What happen!why did you stop? Wait you are ok? Feeling pain anywhere? or uncomfortable. Told you not to drive. But ofcause it's you!
Told you hundred times that you are not supposed to do work, you are injured let your wound heal properly then you will do whatever yoy want for now Take rest. But no you have drive now! Now tell me where is it paining? Listen I am not going to listen to any no ok? As soon as we reach Lucknow first thing we'll do is go to a doctor and get you treated properly.  I know Ayurveda is great and all but still we need to treat this wound properly okay? And I am not going to listen to you... before we go anywhere else. We are going to visit the doctor! Now get out of that driver seat I will drive for the rest of the journey you take rest please sleep for a while! Come" Rhagav spoke all in one breath and Divya couldn't help but smile looking at him and seeing her smiling he got even more irritated "what the fuck is wrong with Divu? Now you are smiling like a stupid!!"
"Calm down Rhagav I'm fine. Look there there is dhabha (shop) please let's go and buy something na! I'm a bit hungry and I need the washroom also." Divya said keeping a hand on Rhagav's shoulder.. hearing this he made 'o' with his lips and nodded his head 'let's go then' mummering this he got off the car. 'You care Rhagav,  you still do' thinking thsi Divya was smiling but hearing a knock at her window she came out of her la-la land and saw Rhagav knocking "come".
Getting out of the car and locking it with the keys but stood to cross the road. While crossing Rhagav hold Divya's hand unconsciously and she was surprised as well as happiness took over her. Reaching the other side Rhagav realized he is holding Divya's hand and he let of it immediately and went straight to the shop. "What do want to eat." He asked looking at her.
"Ahh! Take some samosa and tea also buy a bottle of water please ask them if they have washroom here." Divya said. "Ok" Saying this Rhagav turned to order and ask them about washroom and they had one in the shop and it's clean they answered. And before Divya could go inside Rhagav stopped her and handed her a paper bag " Aunty gave this before we started our journey from there, go change it might be really uncomfortable " Rhagav said looking everywhere but towards Divya. Suppressing her smile and emotions she took the bag and went to change do her business.
It's true the weeding attire was heavy and uncomfortable on top of that she was driving, she had wear it before leaving the village because again of the villagers as they said that during vidhai the bride must be in her weeding attire, it's their ritual. So Divya's mother gave the a comfortable dress of Divya to Rhagav and told him to stop somewhere in the middle, and ask her to change the attire. Unexpectedly her mother just before leaving Lucknow in a hurry and happiness to see her daughter after so many days, she picked up a saree, that was way too sexy to wear according to Divya. As she doesn't really like showing too much skin.