Melissa Mavelly/Greenwelle

My mother, Melissa Mavelly was born July 15th 1958 to Harold and Jane Mavelly.

She was a school teacher all of her life with her main job consisting of caring for the children in special education. She gave me my name "Michael" after working with a mentally challenged child that had the name. I was told my mother really cared for him, but this was before my birth so I never met Michael I had just heard my mother talk about him in positive reflection.

My mother really enjoyed arts and crafts to where she would regularly buy craft magazines to get ideas and instructions on how to make a variety of items. She would use the magazines following step by step instructions on how to make what would be categorized as works of art, but we just called them crafts. Once she had made a handful of crafts she would prepare them to sell at a "craft show" which was a local gathering of those who have made unique items and wanted to sell them.

I believe my mother grew up in a strict household that was traumatic and abusive given her treatment of myself and my siblings. She was caught in the generational cycle of abuse which is the cycle where parents abuse their children, then when those children grow up they abuse their children, so on and so forth. She continued the cycle of abuse with myself and two siblings instead of breaking the cycle like my sister and I have done, and so we were subjected to the same acts as she was that robbed her of her youth as well as innocence. I just don't understand why she would hurt us all so much.