Father Says He'll Fix the Lawnmower

One trait that I believe I inherited from my father was wanting to be helpful to those around me and fix problems involving mechanic skill. The only problem with the ups and downs you are only functional in the ups and people get mad at you for not following through in the downs.

A promise my father made to my grandfather was that he would repair his riding lawnmower, something he might have been cable of doing, but never did and I didn't hear the end of it from my grandfather. Every single time my father was mentioned Harold would say "he told me he would fix my lawnmower but never did." My grandfather was just ill-educated and brought up in a time where access to knowledge was limited.

Anyways I had the same type of situation with my brother in that as I've written, I took 50 random bolts a ruler and some wrenches and put together all three pieces of weight equipment my brother had in bits and pieces all around the garage. Right now it would be no problem because of the medication and medical cannabis, but it lasted several weeks that I told him I could build it, but never did, given I was a terrible set of meds and was barely functional. Long story short, I wish my grandfather had been more understanding and not so stubborn and downright foolish and I can connect with my father in the mechanical helpfulness ability and following through with your word in terrible conditions.