Swing Dissociation

Swing Dissociation

When I was eleven years old I was sitting outside in the swing in the front of the house with my father. As we were sitting a car comes barreling down and screeches its tires almost crashing trying to make the turn. I remember looking at my father who hadn't spoken in a minute and I said "I hope that doesn't trigger your memory of our accident." Referencing the car crash we were in one year ago where he was the driver and lost control almost injuring or ending all of our lives. This unfortunate possibility of a conclusion is exactly what happened.

Soon my father became completely unresponsive. I went inside and got my mother and we came back outside and my father was still in the swing staring into the distance, not responding to his name or any kind of contact. After failing to be able to coax my father into the back seat of the car we had to call for an ambulance. The paramedics arrived and tried to get my father to respond by calling his name but the man was completely gone. I still don't know what caused this, but eventually I think we somewhat got him to get into the Suburban and we drove him to the emergency room once again where he would stay for an analysis and various scans. I'm not that versed in the medical field, but nothing turned out to be wrong, so he was sent home with us, at least functioning after several days in the hospital, but would return time and time again with the same psychological dysfunction.