Dad Wears Heely's

Dad Wears Heely's

When I was fifteen or so there was a shoe that was made called Heely's. They were regular shoes but had an indention in the heel to where a small skateboard like wheel could be placed in, then after practice you can learn to ride on the heels of the shoes for small distances. I think I used my article writing money to buy them from Journey's online and it was something I was really looking forward to. This was when they first came out so they were not that great of a shoe to wear when not at a skate park or in an open paved area. Walking with the wheel in place was like walking in high heels, you can't maintain balance walking normally. So just to sum it up, this was a really uncomfortable first generation shoe that I only wore a few times. Fast forward to sixteen going on seventeen when we had no money, my father asked if he could have my Heely's because he needed new shoes but of course no money. I said sure and gave them to him and that was his only pair of shoes without holes in them. As I said they were uncomfortable to wear and one of the saddest things is my father when having to work at Sear's lawn and garden on his feet all day he would come home with ankle pain from the shoes. It is just heartbreaking that a few hundred dollars could have completely changed our lives. My father wouldn't have had to suffer in pain, pain he put the blame upon himself for causing. Sorry Jonathan.