Car Door Finger Slam Break

When I was 3 years old my mother was driving us kids home from church. I was in the middle seat of the suv with my brother, and my sister was in the furthest back row of seating. As we were driving home my mother had to slow down because there was a dog in the road. She told my brother "get out and shoo the dog away." And so he did, successfully at that. When he was returning to the car I wanted to congratulate him I reached out my hand and I honestly don't know for sure how, but my right hand was shut in the car door along all of the knuckles. When I say shut, the door was closed and locked in place to where I tried pulling my hand out but to no avail. I was screaming and crying and my mother was flustered trying to figure out what was wrong. I remember my sister in the backseat was laughing at the situation and my brother who must have seen what happened, been right next, did nothing to try and help. My mother finally figured out that the door shut on my hand was why I was screaming and she got out, ran around the car, and opened the door. My brother who shut the door, who was sitting right next to me in the car, did absolutely nothing, he didn't even attempt to open the door to free my hand.

We were almost home when this occurred so after my mother got the door open she had me just hold my right hand and fingers still until we got inside and could assess the situation. I remember sitting in the kitchen at the side of the table crying while holding an ice pack on my hand being consoled by my grandmother. I didn't break any bones, but to this day my right knuckles all have scars from that incident.