Christmas Pain

Christmas Pain

The Christmas of I believe 2008 I was sixteen years old and I distinctly remember every Christmas, but this one more than others because it is wrought with pain. At this point in my family's path, my father was lying in bed in his room all day every day and my mother worked three jobs to provide what we wanted. We were still living at Broken Lane the house I grew up in and spent the last 16 years of my life, but we didn't have long until we lost the house completely along with a lifetime of memories.

Anyways my main gift on my wish list was a PlayStation 3 that had to be bought above market value due to scarcity, this is right after the release. On top of that my mother got me a $100 gift card to Hollister which she truly thought was a blessing, but deep down it pained me to know how much money my mother spent on me. We didn't have enough money to keep the lights on and my mother got me $100 gift card for expensive clothes. I believe my response when opening the card and getting the gift card was "I don't even shop there." It was what seemed to be an incredibly ungrateful statement, but my intention was I don't need expensive clothes, you spent too much money on me...it hurts man, it fucking hurts.

I hope that my mother being dead now that she can see me writing this out and understands the true pain that that Christmas brought to my heart.