There was no Medicine

There are several exact examples specific, but the core issue in my youth was that my parents never got us the flu shots or cold medicine when sick, we were expected to tough it out. The result was I was sick at least once a year for two weeks where it was miserable. I hated having a cough you couldn't control and trying to hold it in all day during class to not stand out. Regardless the main message is that my parents most likely couldn't afford medicine, or didn't believe in it.

Using that logic and situation, I went my entire childhood and adult life not knowing what allergies I have because any of the symptoms I thought was just normal. Every doctor visit I've had since youth I have selected zero allergies.

I also had numerous bouts of stomach pain, vomiting, not putting on enough weight, the typical bodily reaction to a child that had been and is in a traumatic high stress living & working environment. I did however get medicine once whenever I was in Arkansas under the care of my grandparents, mostly thanks to Jane my grandmother. It was a month long medicine regiment intended to ease my stomach issues and pain. I don't remember it having any affect, the core issue causing my ill functioning body was trauma, stress, and coping with being defenseless to the abuse.My mother was prescribed pain killers after her back surgery, she had scoliosis, and didn't take them because they didn't have an effect. The same is true with me, pain killers give me no joy and have little effect in terms of getting me high, so the last time I've been prescribed them I didn't take them. Using that logic, I went my entire childhood and adult life not knowing what allergies I have because any of the symptoms I was used to as normal, and every doctor visit I've had since youth I have selected zero allergies. Anyways I believe my brother's brain and way of thinking as primarily from the influence of our father, and holds the same genetics for addiction. This is why he loves pain killers and alcohol and dip, like father like son.

I however have the genetics of my mother who is much more resilient to drugs or at least painkillers, so I am very grateful I don't have that problem that plagued my father and plagues my brother that they need drugs to be functioning happily. As my youth persisted I had numerous bouts of stomach pain, vomiting, not putting on enough weight, the typical bodily reaction to a child that had been and is in a traumatic high stress living & working environment