Chapter 204

Our first battle in the Dark Continent is getting started.

The hard sand-covered ground feels like it's rumbling beneath my feet. The cloud of golden brown dust in front of us grows larger and larger until one of the monsters finally shows itself...

My gaze lifts upwards as Abby and Maria charge at the beast that finally reveals its form.

A pair of dark orange glowing eyes is the first thing that I see appear through the cloud of sand, then a 2-meter-thick arm of stone reaches out to hit the ground by the two girls' feet with a ground-cracking thud.

Unlike the armor of the Behemoth I fought recently, the stone covering this beast's body is part of its being. I watch the rest of the monster come out from its veil of sand.

A massive stone humanoid figure comes stomping out.

The sound of stones scraping together fills my ears while I watch the 6-meter-tall monster let out a roar. It lunges forward.

Glowing lines of dark orange energy begin to shine brightly around its chest.

They look like pulsing veins of mana that spread all throughout its body. Their energy frequency gets lighter and lighter the further from its midsection they travel.

I whisper under my breath as I watch Abby create floating stone stairs upwards gripping her daggers. The summoned rocks disintegrate the moment her feet leave them.

My eyes are locked on the orange light within the golem.

"That must be its core..."

Maria runs around its left side and her sword begins to glow a much darker blue.

The orange eyes of this monster track both of the girls at once. Its face shows a gruesome beast-like expression made out of sand and stone.

It's an imitation of a human's face, but distorted and constantly shifting as it moves around the battlefield with slow yet powerful thrusts of its arms and legs.

Abby jumps up at the monster with her black blades now glowing green, while Maria starts swinging her sword upwards from below.

My eyes open wide as I watch 3 crescents of energy erupt from their weapons.

Two green beams of light come shooting from Abby's daggers while a thick blue blade of ice comes from Maria's sword.

I grin, letting out an impressed laugh as the attacks hit the monster's shoulder and lower leg.

An explosion of rock and ice fills my vision, then the sound of a familiar metallic clang fills my ears.

Arie and I jump backward while watching the dust clouds erupt upwards, then slowly settle.

The attacks they let loose were powerful, but far from refined at all... It seems Maria and Abby are in their brute force phase of mana control training.

The roar of the first golem sounds out and I see the orange glow of its eyes shine brighter. The sand and rock residue in the air starts to fall back into the monster's injured arm and leg.

Its limbs were completely blown off in the attack, but it's able to reform any part of its body at will.

Abby and Maria are way ahead of the curve. Both of them have drank MP potions and are already charging up another attack.

I watch the ground around the monster ripple.

This is Abby's magic, not the golem's.

Heavy mana-imbued stone holds its legs in place, and Maria launches an attack at its torso.