Chapter 248

We approach the silver towers as the morning sun reflects golden light onto our approaching camels.

This city looks a lot more developed than any of the other smaller towns we've been through in the Dark Continent so far.

If I had to guess, it looks like tens of thousands of people could easily be housed here.

With high rises of apartments in residential areas, shops indoors and outdoors selling hunter's gear as well as basic necessities that un-leveled villagers can use.

Even this early in the morning people are beginning to line the streets.

Arie speaks up.

"This is it. Welcome to Solara."

It's huge... but honestly, with all the hype, this is about what I expected.

"Where is the Tower of Dreams? That's where we need to meet up with those two Elites right?"

Arie points to a slim curved silver tower between a ridged rectangular one and a very light-colored one on its other side, each roughly the same height.

"Right this way. We have two or three hours until the raid begins. How's everyone feeling?"

Maria replies, still staring up at the beautiful shimmering city.

"I feel great!"

Abby stares up while rubbing her eyes, not saying a word as we enter the city streets and off of the sandy desert sand.

They're made of tightly placed cobblestone, but in such a straight line and meticulously crafted it seems some heavy machinery or maybe magic kill was used to fit these streets together.

The buildings for as far as the eye can see are made of very modern and most definitely imported steel and bricks. Possibly from outside the walls. I don't see where all of this metal and building material could have come from otherwise.

Unless there are factories and power plants out here that I haven't seen, there must be more cooperation with the Association than it seems on the surface.

This reminds me...

"Hey, everyone, hoods up. We may have bounties in this city too..."

Immediately, everyone follows my advice and we cover our faces with the red hoods of our cloaks. It doesn't hurt to be cautious.

Arie leads us into the city.

The morning sun shines a yellow light on the street vendors setting up their shops while we walk further into town.

Merchants begin shouting at us as we walk by.

"E and D class gear, straight from the dungeons, get 'em while you still can!"

A woman's voice comes from behind us next.

"Potions! Potions and mana crystals, 50% off until noon!"

I look around curiously, then speak to Arie.

"Is there a dungeon system out here? I don't sense any active portals at all..."

He slowly nods.

"Yeah, they box each dungeon up like back in DryRock to make sure if one breaks it won't destroy the city. A lot of them are closer to the center of town."

I nod as the footsteps of camels echo against the street.

"Interesting..."

The 6 towers get closer and closer, and the shops that line the streets become more and more high-tech. It almost feels wrong to be walking through a city like this on two animals...