Chapter 215

I use my telekinesis skill to lift the Firestone from the bubbling pit of molten rock.

Its crackling and flaming with intense heat, but not nearly as powerful as the two stones I've encountered in the past.

There's also a bright pink mana crystal floating by its side. I've never tried melting one since I was a much lower level, but it appears they're heat-resistant even to molten rock. I chuckle and lift it out of the small lava pool with my skill as well.

I place the flaming stone along with the pink gem into my item storage then turn to see Maria running my way. Her royal blue tint is giving on an intense low-pitched hum and she drinks another MP potion on the run over.

The Ice Mage is definitely exerting a lot of energy to combat this heat.

I'm profusely sweating and the air burns my skin and lungs, but it's only mildly irritating. I'm used to the heat and have been through much worse.

My mana-imbued flames ward off the natural heat in the air, pushing outside and fire magic residue away. The minor burns I'm receiving are healed with self regeneration magic.

I can handle this all day. Maria's mana-imbued protective layer of Ice magic seems to be holding up fine in the meantime as well.

We continue to climb the volcano, passing wide gaps in the stone floor that leads down to bubbling pits of lava and fire below.

Many base-level and mutant mobs come at us, spewing flames and throwing hot and melted rocks from their bodies. Some even use the dungeon's surroundings as natural weapons.

The level gap between us is too great, they're all taken down in an instant.

We make our way upwards for about 30 minutes straight, winding through portions of the fiery mountain that aren't covered in lava.

I air-step over larger pools that can't be avoided, while Maria freezes solid pathways to walk across when necessary. Her ice melts quickly, but it stays in a crystal state for long enough that she can make it across with ease.

The air up here is thicker with hot steam, forcing me to use more of my fire magic to block out the heat. I even activate mana manipulation to imbue my own makeshift mana shielding.

It's been something that's been itching at the back of my head for a while, and now is the perfect time to try it out.

I let pure mana seep from my body, similar to the way I've watched monsters activate their shielding.

In doing so, it creates a thin, yet dense layer of pink magic underneath my blanket of dark red flames.

Instantly, the hot pressure from the outside world vanishes. I almost feel cool... The heat hardly makes it through.

With a clearer mind, I activate my All-Seeing Eye to scope out the environment in much greater detail.

Dense magic fills the entire dungeon, and it all seems to be coming from the top of the mountain.

We continue towards the source of the power.

Mobs aren't the problem at all, they're quite easy to fend off actually. I've collected 4 Firestones in total so far.

Every 20 seconds or so, I see Maria drinking another MP potion. Her ice is sizzling away into steam seconds after its summoned.

She doesn't have the advanced mana control and extra abilities that I do. This isn't sustainable long-term, but she isn't complaining.

The tunnels of from downward-flowing lava streams have carved out tube-like paths down the mountainside making oddly shaped winding trails down the volcanic rock face.