Chapter 283

The silver doors slowly open and I walk through as the woman's voice from the black box stops.

The buzzing sound of ambient mana surrounding me is very loud. It only gets more violent the deeper I walk through. A glowing white light distorted the air in front of me, but using my perception skills I can tell there's a room just 5 meters ahead.

There's another odd barrier that connects the 3rd door to the room before me, but I sense no ill-intent or power-draining abilities attached to it. It's light grey and would not be perceivable without my All-Seeing Eye. The odd energy is in the shape of a small dome surrounding the person inside. I step through.

The buzzing stops entirely.

The bright white glow of mana shielding fades away behind me too.

The room is silent.

All I'm left to see is a fair-skinned woman with long black hair and violet-colored eyes. She sits in a tall black chair behind a mahogany desk. The room is circular and feels like a private study. The walls around me are covered in artifacts, colorful paintings, and intricate maps of the desert.

Beautiful furniture lines the walls and are separated by tables covered by velvet cloths and lush green house plants liven up the mood. There are potions in colors I've never seen before, and weapons that must drop from monsters I've never fought before.

The floor beneath my feet makes an eye-catching pattern of red, yellow, and orange material to create an extravangent-looking carpet.

I try my best to keep my eyes facing forward acting natural as I'm in disguise, but the room around me leaves me in a state of awe. The woman in front of me pays no mind to my wandering gaze and continues to speak in the same tone as she did over the black speaker.

"The Boss is out for a while. He left for important business late last night. Whatever news you're here to tell him is going to have to wait."

A shiny silver pin labeled "002" is on the upper portion of her tight black combat suit raises more questions.

I use inspect and appraisal.

_________________________

[Lv. 414]

Active Items:

Platinum Amulet of Protection [+85% Defense]

Golden Amulet of Strength [+70% Strength]

Golden Ring of Magic [+65% Mental Strength]

Silver Ring of Protection [+45% Defense]

High-Grade A-Class Shielding Artifact [4/10][IC]

Active Skills:

Hush [Legendary Grade]

Stealth

_________________________

She has an upgraded version of that shielding artifact and her hush skill must have something to do with the lack of noise in the room around us.

The woman continues as I come to a halt less than 2 meters in front of her desk.

"He's obsessing over those black stones that Elite mage had on her."

I raise an eyebrow, thinking back to Lydia telling me she would collect more drops from those Demonic Energy wielding Knights. I haven't fully examined those stones myself yet, but it seems their boss is taking an interest in them.

The woman sees my confusion and continues.

"I don't get it either. That Ice Mage wouldn't say a word so he's taken her to the observatory for a private interrogation. The Boss knows best, so we shouldn't question him."