Chapter 269

"It's time to Rank Up."

A glowing blue text floats in front of my eyes after 3 level-up notifications bring me well past the level 500 threshold.

__________________________

[Rank Up]

[YES][NO]

__________________________

I choose [YES].

Time feels as if it temporarily stops around me the moment I make this decision.

The two other ice lizards still come at us from above on both sides, but so much slower than before.

My breathing is loud in my ears and my perception of magic around me only gets more heightened the longer I'm exposed to this odd flow state.

As my gaze shifts over my surroundings, a white glow starts to shine below me and I feel Ember's scales begin to shift and vibrate.

Looking down, the black-scaled dragon glows white too, and my body begins to react.

The base of his back I'm standing on begins to expand, the scales grow larger.

The white light feels warm.

It's pure energy expands in my chest distributing itself evenly throughout my entire body.

I take a deep breath in and my eyes open wide. It feels like the first real breath I've ever taken. The air tastes sweet and the world around me looks even more crystal clear than I already thought it was...

It's like my All-Seeing Eye is activated at all times, not just the hint of passive control I had before.

The efficiency of my mana usage just drastically increased, and I didn't absorb a single MP.

This explains how Lydia kept up with me earlier. She didn't absorb the same amount of MP as me, she was just ranked up. Odds are, the ice mage probably hasn't absorbed much more than Fisher...

My mana control easily doubled in a matter of seconds. I check my status and see a single change under the buffs section.

________________________

Buffs:

Rising Emperor's Domain[Hidden Ability]

________________________

I take a closer look.

________________________

Rising Emperors Domain[Hidden Ability]

Info:

This is a hidden passive ability for a spell caster with the traits of an Emperor in the making. The Rising Emperor's Domain allows the caster to share skills in their status with any party member who has sworn their loyalty. A copy of the exact skill shared will appear in the party member's status. If this member betrays the caster or leaves the Domain's range, the skills will be deleted from their status.

________________________

An invisible domain expands around my body. I have no control over how far it pushes out, but my reach seems to be just over 10 meters.

This has the potential to be an incredibly powerful skill...

The grin on my face starts to grow wider as I activate appraisal to see the new buffs Ember has received in addition to his mana control increase.

________________________

Buffs:

Ultimate Fire Defense[Hidden Ability]