Chapter 358

The three other legacy fighters start tapping the blue panels that pop up, ordering food and drinks at a rapid rate.

I'm too focused on the moving picture display of my fight being analyzed on the nightly Valor City News Program like it's no big deal. After a few more seconds pass, the images shift again and one of the sword moves that Ace used to defeat his final opponent shows up on the screen.

He chuckles and turns to Max.

"Hey, look at that, my finishing move of the Red Ogre made the news."

Max crosses his arms to reply.

"Not bad, not bad."

He turns to me, and I'm still staring at the blue boxes that float around my vision in a dazed state.

"What? You're not gonna order anything?" He leans over to look into my status view, and the only thing playing now are the fight matches. I reply in a low tone, still captivated by the screens. "I'll get whatever their most popular item is, and uh- a few of their strongest drinks."

Max lets out another laugh, opening his own menu boxes up again and pressing some on the item options.

"Sure, I'll throw in a few orders for you. Did you-" Sia leans over too to see what I'm looking at, finishing Max's sentence.

"Did you not know the event was being recorded or something?" She pauses...

"Hey, that does beg the question, how'd you use all those skills? I know your main element is fire, but the ground clearly moved beneath some of your opponents' feet, I know better than anyone that is earth magic."

Ace jumps in too.

"Your buffs also come from a skill too. That red and golden glow, it's the same as the bloodhounds speed buff and the red ogre's strength..."

Max finishes off the sudden array of questions in a hushed tone.

"You're a multi-skill user, aren't you?"

I let out a long sigh, turning my head from the screen while X'ing out the remaining blue boxes. Meanwhile, I'm thinking whether or not coming to dinner here was a bad idea.

I assumed I'd get an unfiltered conversation while everyone was drinking, but the heavy questions have already started and we've hardly been sitting down for half a minute.

Instead of completely outing myself, or resorting to violence like usual, I decide to just deflect the question with a few additional details and hope that's enough to curb their interest for now.

"It's complicated. You're right though, I had no idea it was recorded. I would have probably fought differently had I known prior... how many people see this news program?"

Sia smiles and looks at me with a very curious gaze.

"Everyone in the city of course. A few thousand people minimum, I'm sure you caught some attention from the investors and guild members in the platinum district."

I raise an eyebrow and reply.

"What about the Royal Coin Sector? Would anyone there be watching?"

There's an awkward pause, then Sia replies.

"Well, I wouldn't know that."

Max replies too.

"Not our business."

Ace shrugs and doesn't say a word, his eyes dart around for a moment then the awkward silence continues.

I'm at a loss for words at their reaction, but the calming sound of a woman's voice cuts through the air to alleviate the tension.