Chapter 373

The imagery of white-hot Qi energy rushing from my core into my sword repeats over and over in my mind as I stare up at the Wyvern dripping blood in circles above me.

It continues to throw intimidation attacks down at me over and over, and they seem to be getting stronger with every time it sends one.

My MP is full after recharging from the Dome's outer wall, so I manage to boost my mental strength with buffs, fending off the psychic bombardment.

However, it gets to a point much more powerful than last time, and a light blue glow begins to form around the outside of the hovering creature. Every pulse of energy it sends out starts to become tainted with this blue energy, and the temperature inside the dome begins to rise.

I realize it's activating its buff, but have no idea what it's going to do.

The blue light around it starts to flicker, then begins to grow in size, and in a matter of seconds, it envelops its entire body igniting into a bright blue display of flames.

I start to sweat as the ring gets hotter and hotter.

The flames in this monster's buff are significantly more intense than the advanced fire magic it was using earlier, potentially more powerful than my own.

However, using my All-Seeing Eye, I can tell it's a 100% mana-based attack. I can still use my trump card and break through any attack it throws at me.

The Wyvern swoops down, and I brace myself, waiting for it to come.

I control my breathing, activate my swordsmanship skill, and allow a wave of Qi to flow from my stomach to my sword.

A crimson red string twists around in the sky leading to the Wyvern's front side, so I air-step upwards following the path of least resistance.

All I hear are the whooshing sounds from my feet, crackling flames around my body, and the crashing wave flashing through my sword.

The Blue Wyvern screeches and erupts into an enormous ball of blue flames as we collide.

As predicted, the magic fire is hotter than my own, and the intense concentrated mana embedded in its attack sears through my own flames and eats away at my mana shielding. My arms, legs, and joints where the shielding is the weakest instantly feel like a bucket of lava was poured on them.

My gaze is focused on my sword attack, though.

Even with a buff over twice as powerful as its previous flames, the black blade infused with Qi slices through without a hint of resistance. Its fluorescent blue flames are pushed to the side like leaves in the wind. Its shielding is melted through in the same fashion.

Without any doubts or breaks in concentration, I land a much deeper cut this time, severing its right wing almost all the way off its body and making a large X across its chest to match the previous hit.

The moment my blade leaves its flesh, I purposefully allow the Qi to release, making both of our mana shields become disrupted, and another explosion of red and blue flames throws both of us backward.

What felt like buckets of lava on my limbs before, now feels like I'm diving straight into a volcano as my body is enveloped in its blue flames.

I let out a yell and push all my buffs to the max while summoning layers of ice magic and pure pink mana to put out the flames even before I hit the dome's wall behind me.

The Wyvern, on the other hand, is having a much more difficult time.

As the fires in the rings begin to disperse, it stands up on its two back legs, realizing with a severed right wing and an injured left, its time in the sky is over.