Chapter 294

The tip of my blade pierces the black veil of darkness. The crimson eyes and dripping white fangs of the Demonic Wolf lunge toward me while my blade points right back.

It cuts clean through like butter.

Not only the blackness of the abyss but the wolf creature in front of me as well.

With little to no resistance at all, my dagger strikes the incoming wolf head on and it's cleaved in two before I even make another step.

Plumes of dark energy seep from my blade as it tears through the monster's flesh, killing it instantly.

As impressive as my destructive feat may be, my attention is much more focused on the darkness around me that I delved into unannounced.

With a thud, the two halves of the wolf land at my sides and my gaze locks onto the reflection of my glowing white eyes in the base of the glossy blade. I look around, and my vision isn't filled with pure darkness as expected...

It looks as if I'm just wearing dark purple sunglasses inside. Dark, but still more than visible enough to move around undisturbed. My vision is equal to that of a day that has turned to dusk. The rolling sandy hills are visible for hundreds of meters ahead of me, unlike moments ago when staring into the black void I could hardly make out the wolf's outline at 10 meters.

"This isn't right..."

I remember Chester's words well.

He mentioned he could enter the Abyss unharmed, but couldn't make it more than a few meters without the darkness becoming unbearable.

I'm having a much different experience.

Activating my manipulation skill, I absorb the energy from the fallen wolf. It brings my core back up to full and my vision lightens even further. My visibility reaches nearly half a kilometer.

Although the outside of the Abyss looks like a thick black cloud of fog, the air quality actually has no difference. It may be a bit thicker, but the amount is minuscule. My movements and breathing aren't affected at all. If anything, I feel even more energetic and ready for a fight than before.

As the two remaining halves of the wolf monster dissolve, the tiny black gemstone is left behind on the sandy floor. As I pick it up, the purple glimmer and glossy reflective surfaces shine in the light of my eyes again.

I throw it in my back pocket, not wanting to find out what would happen if I were to activate my spatial magic in here.

Wisps of energy still leak from my blade. After replenishing my stores from the world, there are just under 45 units in my core and a little over 4 in my dagger.

Turning my head to the edge of the Abyss behind me, the bright open desert is visible just slightly through a distorted white veil. It's the polar opposite of what the Abyss looks like from the outside. Impossible to miss from a distance, but with no way of tracking where I am in here other than my positioning compared to monsters, my plan is to keep close the the outer edge.

Or, at least within a visual range.

"It looks like I have some work to do."

With a grin, I move forward deeper into the purple-tinted realm without another thought. Tightly gripping my blade and scanning the area for dense pockets of raw Demonic Energy, I start my trek.

I continue making my way east, and slightly north walking deeper into this unknown. It feels eerily silent, but then again so is the entire desert...

About 20 minutes pass before a grouping of 4 wolves come charging my way with glowing eyes and no fear or hesitation in their movements. I sensed them coming from a distance, but their travel trajectory hints toward the fact that they could sense me too.