Chapter 382

I think about my Rising Emperor's domain buff and look at Maria to watch the blue text stats notification pop up the moment I summon them into my consciousness.

"Let's see what happens when I do this..."

I remove the self-regeneration skill from Maria's status, making all of its buffs and capabilities go away with it.

I stare at her for a moment then raise the question.

"How do you feel? It's only been a few hours since we were drinking... Is the alcohol in your system still negated?"

She looks around for a moment, then takes a few steps forward in a straight line, followed by a shrug.

"I think so, why?"

"I'm just trying to make sure whatever skill I give you, the effects will last."

I think to myself while scrolling through my list of skills, then finally land on Absorption.

If self-regeneration had long-lasting effects, it would make sense that Absorption would allow users to keep skills that they obtain while using it even after the skill is taken away.

"I'm going to let you in on a secret. It's even more important you never tell a soul this, even more than my ranked-up buff."

She nods without a hint of hesitation.

"Whatever it is, my mouth will always be shut."

She makes a cute motion of locking her mouth with her hand and throwing away an imaginary key while the plumes of green mist pour out around her from my lie detector skill, proving without a doubt she's giving the honest truth.

"Try this."

I press absorption on the long list of blue glowing available stats, and they all go grey once it's added. It seems like sharing one skill at a time is my limit.

I re-check the description of my ranked-up buff with my All-Seeing Eye because I don't remember any limitations like this.

---

Rising Emperor's Domain [Hidden Ability]

Info:

This is a hidden passive ability for a spell caster with the traits of an Emperor in the making. The Rising Emperor's Domain allows the caster to share skills in their status with any party member who has sworn their loyalty. A copy of the exact skill shared will appear in the party member's status. If this member betrays the caster or leaves the Domain's range, the skills will be deleted from their status.

---

Just like the size of the active radius circle, there's no mention of this limitation that can be seen. My only guess is it will grow in power in time. The name itself gives the notion that this is only the beginning of this skill's potential.

While reading the status, Maria speaks up when she sees a new skill on her status.

"Legendary Grade Absorption? Wait- What kind of skill is this?"

I sense another Red Ogre about 200 meters to our east, and point in that direction.

"I'll have to stay fairly close to you while you use it. It's not a combat skill, but it will be very valuable. We can't be more than 20 meters apart, but take out that monster like normal and you'll know exactly what the skill can do once the match is over."

In a white and blue flash, the battle is over almost as quickly as it started. A massive ice sculpture covers the ogre and it shatters to pieces before it can even attack Maria back.