Chapter 5 - Jealousy

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 5

Jealousy

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

After some talking with Allan, you had decided to go to the beach party. He insisted that having some fresh air would do you good, but really, you didn't like the idea of being in the same place as them. It was uncomfortable.

You were now sitting on a deckchair as Allan stood next to you with his usual stripped shirt, enjoying the sun.

"Doesn't this feel great?" Allan said, looking up the sky and taking a deep breath, "This was exactly what we needed to relax."

"All I feel are the sunburns I will be getting after sitting here for a day," You complained as you looked up at him through your sunglasses.

"Just look at the view Raquelle, isn't it beautiful?"

You looked in front of you, before scrunching your face in disgust as you saw a bird or more like ken, flying off from the sea and into the sand. You hissed at hearing the sound of the impact as everyone rushed to him to see if he was alright.

"Right, what a beautiful view," You said sarcastically as you looked down at Ken who was face down on the burning sand.

"Ow, that must've hurt," Allan said, looking at the scene with the same face as you.

"Yeah, looks like it."

You both watched as the Barbies helped him up and too him to the ambulance. Honestly, it did seem a bit overexagerated but seeing how Ken loved being taken cared of by the Barbies, it was no wonder.

After watching them, talking about boring stuff, you turned back to Allan who was still standing in the sun.

"Aren't you hot?" You asked, seeing how he was almost shining in the sun.

"No, why?" He asked, turning to you with a burning red face.

"Do you want to go get some ice-cream? You look like you need some."

You got up from your chair, before making your way with him to the ice-cream truck. Thankfully, you didn't meet with any Ken or Barbie on the way to the ice-cream truck and you honestly thought that maybe this day wasn't as bad as you thought. But of course like always, you were wrong.

"Oh, Hi Raquelle!"

You heard a voice call out to you as you were walking away from the ice-cream truck.

"Ken...what a surprise!" You said awkwardly as you watched both Barbie and Ken approaching you.

"Hi to you too Allan," he said as he stood in front of you watching the two of you, "So what are you doing here? I thought you weren't coming."

"I just felt like getting some fresh air would be great," You said as you glanced at Barbie who was more or less ignoring you.

"That's great!" He said as he single clapped his hands together, "You should come with us, we're having a pink picnic today."

"No, don't worry, we wouldn't want to intrude," You declined, as you looked at Allan trying to get him to say something.

"Don't worry it's fine!" Ken said before putting a hand over your shoulder and pulling you along with them, "it will be fun, don't worry."

Allan said nothing and just shrugged as you were pulled along with them as he followed suit behind you.

"So, Raquelle do you like pink stuff?" Ken asked looking down at you.

"Not, really. I prefer darker colours,"

"Oh, is that so?" He said, turning to Barbie who was strangely quiet today. "I'm sure you'll like our pink picnic. Barbie selected those items specially for yo-"

"No, I didn't!" Barbie said, turning to glare at him, "Why would I do that?"

"Sorry I just thought you migh-"

"Well, you thought wrong." Barbie said simply, as everyone stood there silently as an awkward atmosphere crept in.

"Alright..! Raquelle why don't we go get some drinks together, I'm sure you're thirsty," Allan said trying to break the awkward atmosphere.

"Right...let's go."

You both made your way back to your deckchair as you packed up your things quickly, to leave and started walking back to your mansion.

"Well, that was weird," Allan said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it was..." You agreed as you walked next to him.

"Never seen Barbie act like that again," he said truthfully as you both continued walking, "Maybe she's malfunctioning,"

"What? No, I'm sure that wouldn't be it," you laughed lightly as you entered your dreamhouse, "Barbie would never malfunction. I mean have you seen her, she's perfect." You stated as you put down your bag and made your way to the dressroom to change your clothes.

"Yeah, but she's still a Barbie." You heard Allan saying from the kitchen, "And Barbies malfunction. That's just how it is. But if it is real that she's malfunctioning you should try be careful around her Raquelle."

You got out of the dressroom to a serious looking Allan who was standing next to the kitchen counter staring at you.

"What? Why?" You said confusedly as you noticed his expression

"Barbies malfunctioning, could be dangerous for us, side ones, especially when they have taken a liking to us."

"Wait, you're saying she has taken a liking to me? That's like very unlikely Allan, you're worrying over nothing. Trust me."

"But still," Allan said seriously as you looked at you with a worried look, "Please, be more careful, I'm being serious."

You looked at him, taken aback by his sudden seriousness, and just nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"Okay, I'll be more careful," You said truthfully as you looked at him with a little smile. "But I'm sure there will be nothing to worry about." You said as you made your way to the couch, "It will all be pink and glitter, just like it has always been."