Chapter 19 - Help

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 19

Help

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

It took your knees a total of two weeks to heal. Two full weeks of being unable to move or do anything on your own.

Barbie had to postpone the party because of the accident-if you could call that an accident-she didn't even bother apologising for what happened. Instead, she gave you the silent treatment the whole time.

Everytime you'd try and talk to her, she'd ignore you completely by either exiting the room or just turning a deaf ear to your requests.

You didn't even know what you had to be sorry for. What was so wrong of you not wanting to go camping? Camping was something you truly hated and she knew it. You told her about it before, but she still insisted on bringing you there claiming she just wanted to spend time with you.

After what happened there, your routine changed drastically. They locked all the doors, unabling you of even stepping a single foot outside without them. You couldn't go anywhere without the cameras following you everywhere 24/7, and the worst of that was you couldn't sleep a wink at night because of how anxious you were.

There were times when you would simply just stare at the ceiling until morning with no thoughts in mind. You couldn't understand what was happening. You couldn't understand why it was happening, and without knowing, you ended up apologising to them.

You don't know what you said or why you said it, but all you knew was that you couldn't bear with the silence anymore. Their lack of concern for you was too overbearing.

It felt like-actually you didn't know what it felt like. All you knew was that you couldn't keep up with the cold shoulder they were giving you.

Today was the day of the party. The long awaited welcoming party. Barbie and Ken were waiting for you downstairs as you were in your room, still getting ready.

"Are you ready darling?" She entered your room, startling you a little as she walked closer to you before zipping up the back of your dress.

"Yeah, thanks," You tried to take a step away from her but she held you into place in front of the mirror before putting her arms around your waist.

"Today will be a big day for us," she said before putting her head on your shoulder, "I want all of us to have a great day. So let's not make this difficult."

She gave you a small kiss on your neck before taking your hands and leading you downstairs where Ken was waiting in his formal suit that matched Barbie's dress.

"You are beautiful," he looked at the both of you before his eyes fell in the pink dress you were wearing, "this one definitely looks better on you."

You smiled at him. Not smile smile, but simply smiled.

Yesterday, Barbie had decided that she no longer wanted you to wear the black dress she had bought for you. She said and I quote, "It will make you stand out too much."

Instead, she gave you the same dress, but in pink. She said it would look better on you, that it would be like a matching couple outfit and that with this, she wouldn't have to worry about useless eyes being on you.

You couldn't describe how much you wanted to scream at that moment. You wanted to throw the dress into the trash. You didn't want to wear it. You didn't want to wear pink.

But when you tried to tell her you'd prefer to wear the black one, she got angry and blamed you for not loving her enough and in the end, you ended up weari wearing the pink one.

"Let's get going," Ken opened the car door for you while Barbie entered the driver's seat.

You arrived there after a good thirty minutes of driving. Barbie and Ken had both left you alone to greet the other Barbies and Kens, but still, even if you were alone, you could still feel there gaze on you-observing you.

"Hi!"

You looked up only to be met with a woman with long ginger hair and bangs smiling down at you.

"I'm Midge, Barbie's best friend. Nice to meet you," she extended her hand to shake yours before giving you a wide smile.

"I'm Raquelle, nice to meet you," You gave her a small smile and took her hand, giving it a little shake.

"I know," she said before taking a seat next to you, "Barbie told me a lot about you...and also Allan of course."

Upon hearing this name you were quick to look around you, hoping neither Barbie nor Ken heard what she said before bringing your attention back to her.

"You know him?" You whispered, trying your best to hide the fact that you actually wanted to hear how he was doing.

"Yeah, I do." She took one of your hand before giving it a little squeeze, "he talked a lot about how he was trying to help you and ho-"

"Help?" You couldn't help but feel anxious at getting words.

Help you? Why? Why was he trying to help you? You didn't need help. You were doing all of this for him. If he were to help you, you wouldn't be able to guarantee his safety. Barbie and Ken would be pissed, like really really pissed.

"I don't need help," You held her hands tighter, "I'm fine, I don't know why he would think that."

It was true. You were fine. Everything you were going through was just momentarily. Just until they got bored of you and went back to their right mind. It was fine.

She gave you a small pitiful smile before looking at you in the eyes, "Are you sure? If you want I can talk to Ba-"

"I don't need help." You insisted before removing your hands from hers, "I'm fine, I don't need anybody's help. Tell him to stop trying to meddle in my life." You got up from your seat before walking off to god knows where.

You didn't need help. You were fine. You wouldn't die from this, you were sure. At least not until they would get bored of you.

But him, you couldn't guarantee they wouldn't try to kill him. They warned you several times to not get close to him or anybody else. They even showed you the consequences of it. You didn't want this to happen.

Not to him.

He didn't deserve this.