Chapter 21 - Old friend

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 21

Old Friend

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"Alan?"

You looked at him in disbelief.

"You're telling me you're Allan?"

"No," he chuckled, "I'm Alan. Midge's friend."

You stared at him like you had just seen a ghost. It didn't make sense. Nothing was making sense right now. How could he say he was Allan when Allan looked nothing like him. Allan was Allan, and him, he wasn't Allan.

"So you're Allan but also not Allan?" You looked at him dumbfoundedly.

"I had a remodelling," he explained slowly, "I'm not Allan anymore. I'm Alan, Midge's friend."

If turning any paller was possible, you would probably look like a corpse right now. Was he telling you that the Allan from before didn't exist anymore? Did that mean that he was now taking Allan's place? No, that was impossible. Midge told you Allan was looking for you. That he was trying to help you.

"Where is Allan then?"

"Right here," he motioned toward him innocent, "I'm Alan."

You didn't move, you didn't talk, you didn't say anything and just stood still like a statue. You were speechless. No thoughts or words were going through your mind. You just couldn't understand why and how this was Allan.

"So Allan-"

"Actually, it's Alan now," he corrected you spelling his name letter by letter so you'd understand, "A-L-A-N, Alan."

"Okay, Alan. I don't know what type of game you are playing, but Allan, is not you okay. He does not even look like you, and last time I saw him, he had already went through a remodelling."

"I'm not Allan, I'm Alan," he kept insisting, "Allan is not me anymore, I'm the new Allan, Alan."

Okay now you were confused. Like really really confused. All those Allans and Alans were burning your brain. All you knew was that Allan was Allan. Why would there be another one named Alan?

"And what are you?" You asked confusedly, "If you're not Allan anymore, then what are you?"

"I'm Midge's friend."

"Midge?" You asked puzzledly, "Why would you be her friend?"

"Because I was made for her."

He said that so lightly, like it was nothing. Like the words he had just said were simple facts known to everybody. Everybody but you.

"Allan wasn't made for Midge," You persisted, "He was made for no-one."

"Allan wasn't," he said simply, "But I was. I was remodeled for her."

Now that hurt.

You didn't know why, but it hurt.

"And you don't remember me?"

You weren't trying to sound desperate, but it did came out as that. It was like you were begging him to be Allan. To remember you.

He didn't reply, instead he simply shook his head lightly. He didn't even bother making it seemed like he would care to remember. He just looked at you pitifully, like you needed pity.

You didn't need more than that to back away. You took a good look at him, at his clothes, at his hair, then back at his face. Nothing about him looked like Allan. Nothing. Yet, it hurt like hell, after hearing those words from him.

"Oh- hi again Raquelle!"

You looked back to a smiling Midge coming your way, then back at Allan-or more like Alan. He wasn't Allan now.

"What are you doing here?" She asked looking weirdly at your changed of clothes then back at Alan. "I see you have met my fiancee."

"Fiancee?" You asked confusedly before looking at Alan then back at Midge.

"More like my soon-to-be-fiancee," she grinned cheerfully, "Mattel sent him for me."

You were simply dumbfounded. There was just so many things going on that you couldn't keep up anymore.

Now Alan was Midge's fiancee-Or so that's what she said because he only said they were friends-and he also looks nothing like old Allan anymore, because of the remodelling. Great.

That remodelling was really sketchy. You couldn't help but wonder just how it happened. Did someone just go through a remodelling randomly? Or is it something that is bound to happen? If so, were you going to go through it too?

"Raquelle?" Midge called out again, trying to get your attention back. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," You gave her a small half-hearted smile, "Thanks for the clothes, I'll send it back later."

"Oh, no need. These were clothes that I was keeping just in case something like that happened, you can just keep them."

You gave her a little nod before turning back and leaving.

You felt sick. Seriously sick.

You felt like you would throw up at any given moment. Everything was pissing you off, everything was making you want to vomit and simply everything was so annoying.

What was wrong with everything? Why was it all going wrong? Why? Just why?

You didn't want to go back to Barbie, you didn't want to be at this party, you didn't want to be here. Not anymore. Not when you were back at square one with no-one by your side. Not when Allan, wasn't here anymore.

Allan was the one who had always been there for you. Whether it be physically, or mentally. He has always supported you, always.

He knew you. He understood you. He was like you. He too was just Allan. He didn't want to be anybody else, nor did he cared about anything else.

You missed him. You missed Allan. The old Allan.

"Hi darling," Barbie said sweetly before giving you a light kiss on the cheek, "where were you? We were waiting for you."

You didn't pull away from her, nor did you give in. You just didn't have the energy to deal with them today.

When she noticed your lack of response she simply gave you another kiss before pushing you softly to the car, brushing it off as tiredness. Ken also didn't try to say anything, instead he just started the car and drove back to the mansion.