Chapter 11 - Blue Day

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 11

Blue Day

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

"Does it still hurt?" Barbie asked as she put on, some lotion that Nurse Barbie had given her.

"It's fine it's just a small bruise," You said simply as you removed your arm from her grasp, "It'll go by itself."

Barbie sighed frustratingly before giving up and closing the lid of the lotion. "Okay, I'm giving up. There's just no talking talking to you." She got up before dissapearing to god knows where. Leaving you alone with Ken who was sitting on the couch opposite to yours.

He sat there quietly, not saying anything and not moving an inch. You thought he would've gotten bored of it after a few seconds but no, it has now been fifteen long minutes that he has been staring.

"Can you stop staring at me it's annoying," You kept your eyes on the T.V, not turning an inch to look at him.

"So me staring annoys you, but him doing this to you doesn't?" He said passive aggressively as he pointed at your bruises

"He didn't mean it okay. It was an accident."

"How can someone do something like this accidentally?"

You looked back at him as you kept your mouth shut, not knowing what to say back before bringing your eyes back to the T.V, "He wouldn't do that, I'm sure of it."

"Why do you keep defending him Raquelle?!" He half-yelled as he took some steps toward you, "You don't even know him that well, but you keep defending him like you've known him your entire life!"

"Because he doesn't have anybody else!" You yelled, bringing your eyes back to him, "If I stop trusting him, then who else will?" You said quietly as you stared at him with a defeated look.

"Then about us?" Ken said looking down at you with a saddened expression, "What about me and Barbie?"

"What about you?" You asked bluntly as you looked up at him with no ounce of care, "Why would I care about you?"

His face changed drastically right after hearing that sentence. He looked like he was about to cry. His usually confident and proud face turned into one of betrayal and shock, as you felt some type of guilt build up inside of you.

"I didn't mean it like that-"

"It's fine, I'll get going," He took some steps back from you, before avoiding your gaze and getting out of the house. This time he didn't float down like he usually did, instead, he used the stairs, and got out from the main door.

You didn't mean to make him feel that way. You truly didn't. But the words had just left your mouth without thinking.

You wanted to run after him and apologize for saying that about them, because all they ever were to you was kind. They never ever did anything to harm you, and yet you had still managed to hurt them.

You sighed frustratingly as you sat back in your couch. The day had just started and yet it was already spoiled. Thanks to you.

You got up and made your way outside to your car, deciding to go take a ride to clear your mind. Something you really needed right now.

You drove around Barbieland just like the other day. Visiting the different shops and enjoying the ride, until you reached a familiar colourful house up on a hill.

After that day with Weird Barbie you hadn't come to visit her at all. She must've felt lonely living on a hill by herself.

You didn't know if it was curiosity or simply plain foolishness. But you once again made your way there. You felt like you needed someone to talk to right now. Someone who'd maybe understand you better than yourself.

"Hello there!"

You heard her say as she jumped down from the second floor again with a big smile on her face.

"Good to see you again, Raquelle."

She took you into her arms giving you a tight hug before looking at you with a warm expression.

"Good to see you're still well, and alive," she joked, returning back to her second floor and splitting down."So what can I do for you today?"

"Actually, I just came here to talk," You said nervously as you stood still in front of her, "but if you're busy I can just go of course."

She smiled down at you before giving you a knowing look and jumping down once again.

"Okay, tell me all about it," she sat down on the ground and put a pillow next to her for you to sit.

"Do you...think a side-Barbie or Ken can malfunction?" You asked, while sitting down next to her, "Like actually become physically aggressive."

"Well that depends on the circumstances, but I don't think that has ever happened, no."

"And what about Main Barbies," You said nervously, "What are the common signs of malfunction?"

"Actually, malfunctioning is a really really rare symptom. But if you would ask me, I'd say that you wouldn't even notice if a Barbie or Ken were to malfunction," she said truthfully as she looked at you with a serious expression.

"Why?"

"I don't know," she replied simply before shrugging and standing up, "I guess they're just that good at hiding it."

"Yeah, but isn't there a way to know?" You looked up up her curiously as you stood up from the pillow too and dusted your dress.

"Trust me, you'll just know," she said simply before jumping back on the second floor. "Now, get going, or else you'll be late."

You were about to ask more question about what she was talking about, but you were instead kicked from the house and forcefully pushed into your car.

You didn't try to pry much after that. You felt like knowing too much would just confuse you further, so you just drove back to your house, thankful that you had someone to talk to.