Chapter 32(End) - & Glitters

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 32(End)

& Glitters

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

The house was burning. The flames leaped and swayed unstoppably as you stood in front of them, admiring their beauty.

A few days had passed since the accident—or maybe more like months. There were no words to describe your time during those months. It was hard. Really hard.

They spent their days trying to make up and apologise to you, and when they noticed it wasn't working, they took a more direct approach.

Their body was the tool they'd use. One time they would try to get their way with you, and the next they would be threatening you of killing themselves, but it still wasn't the worst of it. The worst was catching them doing it with your clothes.

It was a one-time thing, but you'd honestly wish you never saw that. You'd wish you never found out about it at all, because after that, you couldn't even sleep in your room without feeling disgusted.

When you felt like you couldn't bear it anymore, you decided to burn it all down.

It was a planned decision. You took your time collecting the materials and things for it. You made sure none of them noticed your quick disappearances until the day finally came.

You chose a day when none of them would be here. It wasn't your intention to kill them. Of course you couldn't; you wouldn't have been able to live with that. But you needed to burn that house down. Burn down the place where it all started going wrong.

You watched the flame rise and listened to the comforting sound of the wood burning down. This would be the one and only memory you would keep of this place. The only one that would bring you joy and happiness.

Your car was ready. It was waiting behind you, with all of your things already packed inside of it. There weren't a lot of things you needed to take with you, seeing as you never had anything when you first walked here. All you took was what Alan gave you before he was gone.

You were going to go somewhere far away. Somewhere, nobody would find you. Somewhere, you would start anew. Somewhere, the world didn't revolve around Barbie and Ken.

It was somewhere unheard of. Somewhere, almost nobody here knew about, except for one person, Weird Barbie.

She was the one who taught you about this 'Real World'. Somewhere, people were different. Somewhere, Barbies and Kens were simple dolls. Somewhere so big and vast that nobody would be able to find you.

As the flames began to grow more and more violent, you got into your car, ready to go. A few drops of rain fell down your cheeks, making you look up, but when you looked up to a clear sky, you couldn't help but scoff at your foolishness.

You were crying, that was for certain. But the reason as to why you were crying was unknown. You didn't need to cry. There was nothing to cry for. You were free. Finally free.

You started the car, ignoring the waterfalls that were flowing down your cheeks, and drove to where you needed to be.

It didn't matter what happened from now on, because you would be fine. You would start a new life and live it better than here. You would be less foolish, less naive, and less trusting.

You would be a new you. Someone who wouldn't fall for simple 'I love yous' or words that meant nothing. You would be a real person from a Real World. Not a puppet in a doll show.

You would have a last name-something that people would call you by. Something that would stay forever and that nobody could take away from you.

You turned up the sound of the radio. Listening for the first time to the music that played in loop in the car. It was an old song, something you had never heard of before in Barbieland.

It played on loop and loop until you hit the borders, but right when you started nearing it, its voice started distorting. It repeated the same words over and over again. It came to a point where words couldn't even be heard. It was just a broken melody.

Driving without any upbeating music was scary. It was even more skin crawling that the streets were fully empty. Not a single sound or soul in it. Just you alone.

It was strange. Too strange.

You tried telling yourself that maybe the roads you were taking were simply empty at this time, but the more you drove, the quieter it became.

If you had somewhere else you could have drove to, you would have happily drove back there. But there weren't. Not anymore. So you just kept on driving.

As if all of this wasn't strange enough, it suddenly started raining. Not just some normal rain—it rained Glitters.

The sudden wave of it covered everything. It covered the road, the trees, your windowsills-everything.

It was almost impossible to drive straight without the risk of damaging the tyres, but you still continued driving.

You couldn't stop. If you stopped now, you knew you would be done for. Just the thought of you stopping felt like it made you a dead doll already.

When you started seeing the border, you drove like there was no tomorrow. You sped up like a lunatic, forgetting that breaks even existed, and made a dash for it.

It took you merely a split second to cross the threshold, but it felt heavenly.

You let out a shaky breath in relief, but when your eyes fell on the rearview mirror, you felt all of the colour in your face drain.

Of course, it was too easy. Of course, you wouldn't have been able to get away like that. It was all wishful thinking.

"Hi again."

You looked at Ken, who was sitting behind you with a calm expression. He was dressed in a bright pink shirt. One you had never seen him wear before.

"I didn't know we were going on a vacation," Barbie smiled from next to him with a curious look on her face.

They both looked just like the first time you had met them. With their innocent and warm smile and their usual matching clothes. They looked perfect.

"Where are we going?" Ken asked, leaning forward a little bit to remove some glitter that had been stuck to your hair. "What's with all the glitter?"

You didn't speak a word. You were too busy trying to find a way out of this to even notice he was speaking to you. You were gripping the steering wheel like a crazed person. Your gaze stayed on the road, searching for a single escape, but there were none. There was no way out of this.

"You're not mad anymore, right?" He asked, playing with your hair, "Since you burned the house down."

The silence was heavy. You kept on driving, but still, you didn't reply. You kept your eyes on the road and your hands on the steering wheel.

"In the end, it was all for nothing, wasn't it? Seeing how you didn't even have the guts to kill us." He trailed one of his hands slowly around your neck before turning your face to meet him. "You should take up the responsibilities now."

When you looked up at nothing but the sky, you knew you had gone crazy. Even without killing them, they were still haunting you. Haunting your every single move—and this time, there was no getting away from them.