Chapter 33 - I'll Remember You(Extra Ending)

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 33

I'll Remember You

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

The house seemed emptier than usual today. The birds weren't singing, the wind wasn't whistling, and nobody was cooking.

The only sounds that could be heard were the shuffling of boxes in the living room and some soft humming. It was a quiet and melodious hum, one that made the quiet of the house even more damning.

"Are you done, sweetheart?" Barbie asked, bending down to leave a small kiss on your cheeks, "Leave your boxes here; Ken will come pick them up later."

Her kiss seared your cheeks, leaving behind a morbid mark. It was the kind of touch that, with just a simple graze, could set aflame a whole forest.

No words left your mouth—not like they needed to, but you didn't feel like replying would change anything. If her touch were to set you aflame, she would gladly burn with you.

"Do you want some help?" She crouched next to you, pulling a box to her side. "I don't think all of this would be necessary," she laughed. "And what are those? Rollerskates? Why would you bring those?"

"Just 'cause," you shrugged, standing up and taking the rollerskates from her hands. "I can pack by myself. Tell Ken I'll be down in ten minutes."

She didn't go down immediately. Instead, she sat quietly and watched you pack your things for a few seconds, as if waiting for you to ask for her help. She gave up after merely five minutes and walked down without saying a word.

The house was quiet. Awfully quiet.

It reminded you of him.

You could hear him downstairs, standing behind the counter with his apron on, humming some slow tunes. His face was lit up by the kitchen light, showing his sweet and loving smile as he would flip a pancake.

A few days have passed after what happened. His presence was lingering. You saw him every day. Every time, he would be somewhere around you. One time, he was doing laundry. The other time he was sitting in your room, simply talking to you, and then there was this one time where he was on top of you at night, choking you to death for what you had done.

He never blamed you, but he blamed them. He blamed them for what they had done to him. For what could've been of him and what they had done to you.

He was real. At least his touch was. That day, you had woken up with a big bruise. It was a hideous mark—a blackish blue one.

You hadn't told anyone about it. Who would you tell about it? Barbie? Ken? That'd be laughable.

The days went like this for ages. In the mornings, he'd be sweet. He would smile, laugh, and joke, and then, at nights, his face would be gone. Blood would be all that would be seen, and you would be left paralysed on your bed, crying yourself to sleep.

"What are you doing?" You heard him say from the corner of your room, "Where are you going?"

You didn't reply. You took your box and turned around, as if you couldn't hear him and that he didn't exist.

"I asked you a question." He followed suit behind you, peering over your shoulder ever so often to try to get your attention. "Are you leaving me?"

"I thought I told you to leave those to Ken." Barbie came rushing to your side, snatching the boxes from your hands. "You'll hurt yourself with that."

"I'm not made out of paper, Barbie." You sighed, walking to the living room where Ken was standing, drenched in sweat.

"Is this all?" He looked behind you at the empty house, then back at you.

"I think so."

Alan had gone quiet. He always was when they were around. You thought maybe he was scared of them—scared they would see him.

"Let's get going then," Ken grunted as he pulled up the last box and went out of the house with Barbie tailing behind him.

"How can you leave?" He asked sadly behind you as you stood still facing the door. "How can you go and leave me behind? I thought you said you'd be here forever."

You didn't reply. It was pointless. He wasn't real. This was all your imagination. All of it was.

"Don't go." He pleaded, holding onto your clothes, putting his head on your back, "Please, don't leave me alone."

It wasn't real. He wasn't real. You shouldn't listen to anything he was saying.

You took a step towards the door, holding the door handle tightly in your hand as you could feel his nails digging into your waist.

"Please stay a little longer," he clung to you tightly. "I love you."

His words hit straight to your heart. It felt heavy. As if all the guilt and remorse you had once felt were coming back to haunt you at that very moment.

"I'm sorry." You turned the knob, ready to leave the house. "I'll visit again, I promise."

The door opened with a light push, and you walked outside. Alan stayed inside. He couldn't come out. He wasn't allowed to. His presence clung to the house; the memories.

You walked to the car, where Barbie and Ken were. They were both waiting for you inside of it, with a warm smile.

You opened the door and went in. You didn't look back. You didn't say anything. You simply sat in silence.

"Why are you crying?" Barbie looked back through the rear mirror.

"It's nothing. Let's just go."

They both looked at each other. As if wondering what to do, before letting out an exhausted sigh and starting the car.

It was only when the car moved that you looked back at the house. It was a quick glance. Nothing more. But you could see him. Standing by the doorstep. Waiting for you.

The ride there was long. It didn't feel like anything. You found out halfway through that you were going to the Real World, where Mattel had made an exclusive new home for Barbie.

The place was luxurious, not to say the least. It looked like a palace. Somewhere only royals would live. Then again, it was Barbie they were housing. They couldn't just give her any random house.

"Here's your box angel," Ken put down your box, giving you a quick forehead kiss before walking out of the room.

Your room was normal—as normal as a luxurious, pricey room could get. It was nothing like in Barbieland. That was expected from Mattel.

You opened your box, removing your items and putting them where you needed. Most of them were clothes. Some of them were essentials, but there was one, that simply stood out.

It was the yellow pair of roller skates you had taken with you. It was the last item in the box, and its colour made it stood out even more.

You took them out and put them on. Your room was big enough for you to roller skate. It was enough for more than that even.

When you tried standing up to take a step forward, you stumbled and fell right onto your knees. It was annoying. But you couldn't help but laugh at this.

It reminded you of before, of that day.

You were about to stand up, ready to try again, but you stopped right in your step when you saw a figure standing in front of you.

"Do you need some help?" Alan smiled, extending a hand towards you. "I missed you."