Chapter 18 - Rewind(Him)

╔═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╗

Chapter 18

Rewind(Him)

╚═*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*═╝

Several months ago(Ken's P.O.V)

"She says she doesn't want to have anything to do with me," Barbie looked at you with red eyes as she bit her lips in frustration. "I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, I don't know why she doesn't like me. I love her, Ken, I really do."

You had never ever seen her in this state before. You didn't know what to say or what to do. She was always smiling, and sparkling everywhere, warming everybody's day. But ever since that girl came to Barbieland, everything changed.

"I don't know what to do Ken," she cried, holding onto your shirt as you held her close to you.

That girl just kept ruining everything. She kept ruining the world around her, she kept rubbing herself everywhere she shouldn't be. You couldn't let her do this to Barbie anymore, not when Barbie was in this state.

"I'll help you," You promised, holding her tightly into your arms. "I'll make her love you, I promise."

After that day, you began following her. At first, you only wanted to know more about her. To scare her off a little so she'd be too afraid to be alone to refuse Barbie's requests, but as time went by, it became a little more than that.

You began unconsciously following her without even knowing you were doing so. You'd wake up everyday, and instead of directly going to Barbie's you'd go to her house and wait for her to wake up.

You began noticing small details about her. You found out she loved taking naps on the deckchair on the far right side of the beach. You also found out she loved everything that was chocolate related. How she'd always forget to put on sunscreen before sleeping under the sun and how instead of trying to make friends and partying, she preferred hanging out by herself.

It didn't take long for you to realise that you were slowly becoming too accustomed to her. That just like Barbie, you were starting to want more of her. You wanted her to notice you.

Usually, you'd never reveal yourself to anybody before. Not even Barbie. You were really careful whenever you followed anybody. But when it came to her, you wanted her to know you were here. You wanted her to know that you were behind her every steps.

You first started with letting small hints after your visits, like displacing her stuff, or leaving foot prints in the house. But it didn't last long, as she never paid any mind to any of it.

You knew she knew. She knew you were watching. She knew you were here. So why wasn't she acknowledging you?

Then you started just blatantly following her in broad daylights. Making sure she'd see you. That she'd remember your face. That she'd remember who you were. But this still it didn't work. Instead, she acted as if she didn't care. She didn't even spare a glance your way.

Then, that boy suddenly appeared in her life. He began stealing her light. He kept creeping everywhere she'd go, stealing all of the spotlight you'd try so hard to get. He stole everything from you, her gaze, her attention, everything.

She never once accepted Barbie's invite to her Blowout parties before, but now, she accepted it without any double checks. She took him with her, and gave him what you'd beg to be given.

You were jealous. Jealous of how her gaze always looked for him even when you were right in front of her. Jealous that he got her attention so easily. Jealous that he got everything without even trying.

Barbie started noticing your change slowly. She noticed how your eyes started craving for her attention too. How you'd try so hard to get her to simply glance at you.

She understood everything you were going through, and accepted all of it.

It didn't need a lot to know what you both wanted. You wanted her. You wanted her eyes to look at you, you wanted her attention on you, you wanted her for yourselves. You wanted her whole.

That boy was the only thing between you. He was the only obstacle between your love and her. He was what was holding her back from being with you. He was the problem.

Barbie was the one who took care of him by making a call to Mattel for a remodelling. It wasn't hard to make him distance himself from her. At least it wasn't physically.

You knew Barbie noticed it too. The way he'd occupy her mind all day. The way she'd defend him even after you turned him into a violent malfunctioning doll.

He was annoying. His lingering presence was annoying. You wanted to cage her up and force her to focus only on you. To embed yourself into her so you'd be the only thing she'd think about. You wanted to be the oxygen she couldn't live without. To be the food she'd crave for everyday. To be her one and only.

You couldn't bear seeing her eyes still look for him when he wasn't around anymore. You wanted her to look at you. To look for you.

The more her mind drifted to him, the harder it was to control you anger toward him. You wanted to rip him into pieces. To remove him limb by limb so he'd never come crawling back to her. He was a pest. A pest you needed to get rid of.