Quirks, genetic mutations and diseases

Relevant information comes from quirks, genetic mutations, and family branches.

QUIRKS.

A quirk is a superhuman mutation that has been present for more than a century. It has limits and side effects, depending on its function. Not all humans are born with quirks.

Possessing powers is not considered a notable mutation as such today, since the vast majority of the population has them. They normally appear at 4 years of age.

There are chances for a child to inherit both quirks from their parents at the same time, but these cases are not that common.

There are 5 categories:

Hybrid: born from the combination of two or more quirks, generating a new one. This type of power is usually accompanied by the other categories.

An example of a hybrid quirk is One for All.

Multi-quirk: It's the set of two or more quirks. An example of this is Shoto Todoroki's quirk, ''half cold, half hot.

Emission: It's the most widespread. Grants the ability to produce and emit substances or alter materials within certain limits. Requires conscious use and sometimes good concentration skills, especially for long-term use. An example is One for All by All Might.

Transformation: Allows the user to temporarily transform their body to gain physical enhancements or additional abilities. With a few exceptions, alterations due to this type of quirk only affect the users. An example is the hardening of Eijiro Kirishima.

Mutant: It always remains passively active, amplifying or altering the functions and capabilities of an organism, and, precisely for this reason, induces much greater bodily mutations in the carrier than the other types, which makes the carriers of this type of quirk easily recognizable.

However, managing control of these abilities requires training, and the resulting mutations can cause problems or discomfort to the user. An example is Tsuyu Asui, with frog-like features, coming from a family of humans with anthropomorphic frog quirks.

DETAILS.

Quirks are physical features very similar to muscles; thus, they can be exercised and used to the limit, allowing them to rest and be used again.

And just like muscles, these don't come with a manual, which can lead the user to misinterpret their ability for decades before they can discover how it really works.

The mind and body are united, so psychosomatic factors can affect the quirk in the same way that they can affect the stomach. For example, a traumatic event can cause power to evolve, that is, be blocked until the psychological block is overcome by the user, initiating a reawakening of the quirk.

The powers are inherited and evolve, being copies of the quirk of one of the parents, the mixture of both parents's powers, or a derivation of the mixture of both.

The body of the user can be coded to the quirk itself, as well as suffer from the quirk itself by not experiencing the necessary changes.

Many times, the user's appearance has no relation to their gift. The family can possess those physical characteristics due to simple inherited genes that do not influence the manifestation of an ability (it's somewhat difficult to explain, but as an example of this, we have tokoyami and koda of class 1A).

THEORIES

Inheritance of memories: