Childhood: Part two

MASUTAFU GENERAL HOSPITAL.

The girl, once registered and transferred to the hospital, would almost instantly become a subject of study.

Similar to when she was just a baby, she was a special case, possessing a double quirk and a double mutation responsible for her autoimmune disorder.

As the days passed, she'd be taken from room to room, deeper and deeper into the medical center, away from the public.

Doctor Tsubasa knew more than usual about quirks and worked treating them, but his intentions with the girl were different: to go beyond regular quirk investigation, drastically changing his attitude when being left alone to examine her, and visualizing her as a guinea pig.

Her blood would be drawn, she'd be injected with foreign liquids, pieces of her birthmark were removed, her flesh being open until reaching the bone, extracting her bone marrow, as well as making her expend all her psychic energy in order to contain it and study it (that almost became impossible for them because the child had access to basically endless psychic energy, which was too much to contain, causing them to waste a lot of money on irreparably damaged technology). Basically, they pushed her resistance to the limit, and every time she couldn't take it anymore, they sedated her until she was sufficiently healed, consequently repeating the process, caring little if there were side effects on her health as a result, weakening her already delicate immune state.

They did many exhausting and inhuman tests and studies on her, in addition to interrogations for information from her family, which she could barely answer in detail since her knowledge was limited.

If they took her word, they'd make her suffer physically in more exams, seeking to prove more theories.

What Jordan, nor anyone other than Dr. Tsubasa, knew was that those nurses who scared and exploited her were people from All for One—people who looked for young people with strong quirks for human trafficking.

Especially people of Jordan's lineage.

All for One knew about the Marlettes; in fact, he himself initiated their eradication and the death of the most powerful ancestor of that lineage. He sought for them to cease existing, since their powers couldn't be replicated thanks to the effects on the body of a common meta-human (he experienced it firsthand), and if the race grew in numbers, they might be able to revel against him. And notoriously, his plan didn't go as well as he hoped—there were survivors. However, he wasn't going to let himself get defeated; on the contrary, he was going to take advantage of the few numbers they had and the oppression they lived under.

Over the decades, he hunted ''specimens'' of the race, even more so those who came to maintain some contact with the bearers of his beloved brother Yoichi's quirk, that had one for all, dedicating a period of profound study to them as a result.

The study made it easier to know that the power of a Marlette is based on the accumulation and cultivation of energy, but with the difference that this energy depends on the number of active cells in the individual of the species, and the more of these, the greater the power, but it also increases instability and limitations of its use, having these similarities with the OFA in this aspect.

However, unlike OFA, which can be passed from individual to individual without the need to share a blood relationship, here it is a primary factor, needing to be a Marlette to assimilate the gene from the roots (Preferably a male possessor, since the gene gives greater benefits to those born with 2 ''Y'' chromosomes in their formation) and even if you are one from birth, you run the risk of death when activating the powers (risk increased in women by not having "Y" chromosomes in their formation) Therefore, the body of any other meta-human with no blood relation to them, trained or not, will directly agonize and die if the gene is emulated, copied or implanted, with a worse fate existing when trying to activate the powers with the gene already introduced to the body... thus resulting in many of the Doctor's test subjects dying painfully, being cryogenically reserved for the purpose of creating high end Nomus.