Chapter 56 - Unexpected

Friday and Pietro stepped foot down a helicopter that landed on the Marilyn Inc. building, the base of the organization that will soon produce and sell the game, Greed Island.

He saw figures in front and began walking toward them, holding Pietro's hand.

"...You do have children." Ickshonpe popped out behind Ging. He scrutinized Friday up and down then the young child next to him.

Trained by Kaiga, he didn't comment on Ickshonpe's small height which was shorter than Pietro's.

"Panda?" Friday acted surprised. He introduced himself as Friday Calendar before reaching out to shake Ickshonpe's hand.

"Ickshonpe Katocha." The small hunter awkwardly shook the hand.

"And this is?" Friday politely addressed the other hunter whose identity was clear as day.

"Ging Freecss!" The cheerful man squinted his eyes on Friday. When the two shook hands, Friday felt the man intentionally adding force.

In an unfazed manner, he also introduced Pietro. "This is my student, Pietro. Don't underestimate his age, he's pretty clever."

At the same time, his system was making noise in his head.

"You have encountered Ging Freecss! Choose Kill or the Second Option. You have 30 seconds to make your decision."

The Second Option.

From the handshake alone, Friday could sense an immense amount of Nen coursing through Ging's body. Forget about killing him, he doesn't even know if he could hit him.

[Second Option: Accelerate Target B's Heart Rate!Time Limit: 24 hours Remaining]

[Target B: Hisoka]

In contrast to the confused panic in his brain, Friday nodded his head when Ging offered to chat over lunch at the company's cafeteria.
——

"So tell us about you, Friday. You seem to be a very interesting fella." Ging was looking at him with sparkling eyes after taking a sip of his drink.

Friday returned the smile, thinking how funny that Ging would be a cranky and irritable man in the future.

Not wanting to have the attention on him, Friday briefly touched upon his zeal for programming before asking the two individuals about their profession.

Ging took the lead in the conversation, explaining that the two were making a video game along with nine people. The man was very animated, talking with great enthusiasm about his vision and the components of the game.

Perhaps the spirit was tremendous that Friday could see it rubbing off on Pietro. The kid's eyes were shining as he ate his meal while listening.

When Ging finished his spew, Friday asked him when will the preorders open for the public.

Ging scratched his cheek, "Well, the preorders will open in one month, then release it at the end of the year. However, we're targeting Hunters as our demography so it will be difficult to obtain for civilians...We placed a hefty price tag on the game."

Hunters are generally rich people, so using the price to gatekeep was understandable.

Pietro imagined that a "hefty price" would be in the few hundred thousand for the video game. Though, after hearing the actual amount he almost spat out his food and check his hearing.

Ging, "We're planning on selling the game for around 6 billion."

Friday whistled.

Ging observed Friday's reaction. "I'm a pretty generous guy and seeing how you helped, Ickshonpe here, I'll either give you a copy of the game or give you a card from the game. I checked, and although your aura is faint, you're a Nen user."