Chapter 7 - Hold Me a Little Longer

Seeing Silva's handsome face the first thing when he woke up, Friday giggled with joy. His baby hands reach out to the sky, closing and opening his palms, his legs kicking excitedly.

Guess who finally decided to visit? Since you're here, pick me up!

Granting his request, Silva gently scooped him up into his arms and, using his strong, calloused finger, wiped the tears from Friday's eyes. Against his sensitive skin, Silva's touch was slightly uncomfortable. However, feeling the warmth from another person, Friday cherished the moment.

Silva's hand suddenly stopped midway of the stroke and paused with a pondering look. His sharp eyes seemed to be glaring at his eyes. Does he feel disgusted by them? In the anime, Friday remembered that a servant said she couldn't love Milluki nor Illumi because of their eyes - it reminds her of their mother.

Speak of the devil, "Husband, you're too gentle on the baby! Put him down! Milluki might learn unnecessary things!" A woman's elegant voice was heard from behind them. Age ranging from 20ish - 35, probably?

You mean parental affection?

"..." Silva didn't say anything but began lowering Friday back to the crib.

He didn't want to go back to that boring place! Luckily, Silva's hand was still in front of him. Friday took this chance to grab Silva's finger and placed it inside his mouth. Friday's actions managed to stop Silva.

Huh? Why does he look so frozen? Perhaps feeling the warm and soft sensation from his baby mouth was too much for a cold-blooded assassin like him, who's only used to feeling cold and pain? ... This assumption sounds perverted.

Looking up at Silva's face, he was more than shocked to see a slight red blush on this man's cheeks. Calm down, Dad. O.O

Without turning back and facing his wife, he cleared his throat and replied seriously. "He is only an infant. He won't remember anything at the moment. It won't dampen his training."

Pshh... You only want to hold me a little longer~

Silva then directed his words to the silent servants. "State your observations about the child's development."

A stone-faced servant came forward, "Young Master Milluki can adapt quickly to the poison and the electric shock in a matter of days, Master."

"As expected. Anything else?" Even though his voice is cold, Silva's eyes and actions are very gentle. It seems that Silva doesn't dare to take his finger out, leaving Friday to pull it out himself. (=_=) Silva smiled slightly and stroked Friday's soft, plump cheeks with his thumb. Though, with his back facing everyone, the baby was the only one who could see this happening.

He's not as cold as I thought him to be O-O.

There was a pause before the servant continued his account, "...Master, even though young master Milluki cried right now, he rarely ever cries... "

Eh? TwT

"That's the reason for this visit. Is the child fine, husband?" Kikyo asked. His ears must be lying to him since: Is that a hint of concern in your voice right now?! (!!'◯')∑

"The child is alright, but let the doctor examine him." He finally turned around, revealing several unexpected faces to Friday. He thought only Kikyo, the doctor, and the servants will be in the room, but he would never have guessed to see Illumi, Zeno, and Maha too!

Seeing Zeno and Maha for the first time, his eyes sparkled as he stared at them.

Since you people are here, pick me up too!

Author's Note:

Ahhh... Family Dynamics...Family Dynamics... Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. How complicated and fun to write about. Will Friday get along with Kikyo? Idk.

Thanks for reading!