Chapter 13 - Assassination Techniques - Lesson 2

"I see, so you guys are programmed to do that every time I come here." Friday hanged his head to the side. If only you guys were men. ;-;

Entering the house, Friday was greeted once again with "Welcome home darling~♡," but this time, the ladies were dressed in a maid uniform. -_-

"Yep~! You have to be worthy every time to receive training!" Yuna cheered, not caring about Friday's suffering. "Since you passed, which module are you going to choose today?"

"Assassin Techniques." He has a lot of time in his hands, so he might as well try each one.

"Great choice!" Yuna beamed with joy, her expression greatly contrasted with the rest of the women's worried looks.

"Don't die," Mikaza advised before she and the others vanished.

---

They were standing on a small clearing, surrounded by densely packed trees looming high above, covering parts of their faces with shadows. Friday's ears couldn't pick up any sounds. Not a cricket's crip nor an owl's hoot could be heard inside the dark forest. Exposed to such suffocating silence, Friday couldn't help but tense up.

"Don't be scared. We're just going to play a little game of tag. I will set a timer for an hour. Once it reaches zero, the game ends. If you win, I'll teach you the next assassin technique, and if you lose, we'll play tag again." Yuna's lips curled into an eerie smile, "You'll be it first. I'll give you a 15-minute headstart."

15 minutes? Yandere-chan must be very confident in her abilities. ^w^;

"Let's begin." She pressed a timer in her hands and watched Friday like a predator as he ran inside the foggy forest.

When Yuna pressed the button, Friday's body moved on its own, acting out of instinct. His gut told him that once the timer reaches 0, Yuna will kill him.

Crunch. Crunch. Crunch. The sound of breaking branches and dead tree leaves was heard every time Friday took a step, revealing his location to Yuna. Friday immediately noticed this weakness and tried to quieten his footsteps as if he's sneaking into his target's room, ready to kill them.

15 minutes later.

Friday heard something far behind him - a thud, like something sharp striking the trunk of a tree.

She probably has a knife, huh?... Great.

"Friday~ I can't wait to find you, so I can StAb YoU iNto MuSh~ This is what you get for being inside my dear Milluki's body!" Friday heard her laughing maniacally and could easily picture what she looks like inside his head.

He noted that from where she stabbed her knife to where she called out just now, the distance she traveled in that short amount of time was inhumane.

Even so, he kept running, his mind singing: "Just keep running~ Just keep running~" to distract himself from the coming danger behind him. He can't hear Yuna's footsteps, but he can feel her presence getting closer and closer to...Right behind him!

?!

His hair stood up on the back of his neck. Friday quickly moved his head to the side, dodging the knife that was aiming for it. The weapon grazed his cheek before getting stuck on a tree trunk in front.

That was close.

Knowing he doesn't have time to waste, he hid behind a tree, trying to make himself part of its shadow. He can't outrun Yuna, nor can he probably defeat her. Not even five minutes when she started chasing him, and yet he's already cornered.

"Friday~? Where are you? You can only do this much? Oh dear, you're so weak... With your strength, you don't deserve to be inside my darling's body." She taunted so she can lure him out, but she meant half of her words.

Excuse me? I wasn't trained like this. The way the Zoldycks kill and the way I kill are different!

"I can hear your breathing~."

Thump!

Yuna's knife accurately hit the tree where Friday was hiding.

Friday's heart skipped a beat. If I don't do anything fast, I'm dead. :)

The monster slowly crept behind the corner of the tree, excited to get her hands on her prey so she can tear his intestines out and choke his neck with them. That thought deepened the blush on her cheeks, her eyes shining red under the moonlight.

"Gotcha!" Her knife swung, but sadly it pierced the tree trunk instead of her neck's prey. "Aw... Where did it go?"

Hiding behind the shadow of another tree, Friday finally learned how to completely conceal his presence. He controlled his breathing so that it's barely detectable, letting his existence merge with the shadow.

'It?' She doesn't even consider me a person lol.

After letting her prey getaway, Yuna stood there motionlessly as if she didn't know what to do anymore. Like a human being possessed, she raised her knife and brought it down mercilessly on the tree. Cackling crazily as she continued stabbing the poor tree as if that tree was Friday's replacement.

40 minutes later, when the timer rang, that's when Yuna stopped abusing the tree - or what's left of it.

"Friday, you can come out now! I'll meet you back at the clearing!" Yuna yelled, skipping cheerfully back to the location.

At the clearing.

"Friday~!" Yuna waved at him as he emerged from the woods, smiling innocently like nothing happened.

"Yo." He waved back, also smiling back at her like nothing happened- Friday was not a normal human after all. Spotting Yuna's Bloody hands, Friday furrowed his eyebrows. He took off his jacket and threw it at her. "Wipe it off. Don't misunderstand, I just don't like the sight of blood~."

"Ok~." As she cleans her hand, she congratulated him. "Good job, you learned how to do Silent Gaits, the ability to walk and run without making a sound. the technique that I wanted you to pick up in the game." And something else that I didn't expect.

I already know a technique like Silent Gaits in my previous life, but I guess? Unless I demonstrate it inside the dream it's considered unlearned. However, it's not a technique to hide presence, so what did I-

The announcement: [Assassin Techniques Module 2% complete.] disrupted his thoughts.

"?" Why did it just come up just now? Shouldn't it have popped up moments ago?

"Those announcements only pop up after the Player learns something and is in a safe situation, so it won't distract them during dangerous parts of training," Yuna answered as if she heard his question. "Anyways~" Yuna smiled sweetly at him.

Oh no.

"Since no one won that game, we're going to play again, ok?"

-_- F*ck you.

20 minutes later.

Friday, "You're it, but why am I still running away from you?!"

Author's Note:

T-T Ah... 2 more.

Thanks for reading!