Perfect

The sun was setting right in front of them, and they had the perfect view. The trees blew once in a while from the wind. The tree they sat under swayed ever so slightly. The smell of rain now strong.

Everything was perfect.

"Isn't the sky beautiful?" Enid asked her, her eyes glued to it. "It's like a painting," she said, admiring its beauty.

Even though her eyes were fixed on the girl beside her, she nodded anyway. In the light, her beautiful eyes shone. She watched as her hair swayed in the wind. Everything about her was perfect.

She loved the way her eyes glistened when she spoke about the things she loved. She loved the way she would hum to every song she listened to. She loved the way she would hold onto her tightly when she was scared.

She loved everything about the girl and she would never get rid of her. And she was sure the girl thought the same about her as well.

Her hand slowly slid down to her back pocket grabbing a small little box that had something that she would soon give to the girl.

"Enid..." I spoke softly as she stood up bringing the girl up with her

"Is something the matter?" she asked as I gently held both her hands with my own

"My love for you has grown stronger and stronger every year. I don't know how I could possibly love you any more than I do right now," I said, looking into her eyes. "You have made my life so much richer and brighter, and I can't imagine living without you. I want to spend the rest of my life with you" I said letting go of her hands and getting down on one knee and opening the small little box open "so Enid Sinclair will you marry me?" I proposed with a smile on my face.

"I- I'm sorry I can't" she spoke shaking her head

"Is it the ring? I promise you I'll get you a better one" I said shakily "it can be any color" I nodded

"No Wednesday it's not the ring" she said

Wednesday? She never calls me Wednesday.

My smile slowly dropped.

"Then what is it?" I asked standing up straight a tingling sensation coming from my nose.

"I need to go" she said gathering her things

"What?..." I spoke as my voice trembled and my vision blurred as tears filled my eyes

"I'm sorry Wednesday but I can't be with you anymore" she spoke firmly as she began to walk away

"Wait Enid please" I begged as I grabbed her arm. A hot stream of tears spilled down my face "we've been together for 9 years why are you suddenly ending I now?" I whispered afraid my voice would fail me

"Is it something I did? I'm sorry if I upset you, Amor"

"Wednesday, let go" she spoke shakily

What did I do wrong?

"I love you Enid... I love you" my voice failed me as I spoke. Tears rapidly fell from my eyes as I realized she didn't love me back the way I loved her. I felt a deep sense of sorrow that I couldn't explain. I wanted to tell her how much I cared for her, but I couldn't find the words. I just stood there, silently crying.

"I have to leave" she looked back at her with tears in her eyes.

"Tell me what I need to do to change" my voice trembled as I spoke. "Okay, just tell me what it is and I'll fix it" I cried.

"Wednesday please..." she said

"No- Enid... I fucking love you. You make me happy" I spoke quietly my face soaked in tears. My heart shattered into a million pieces. The pain of losing Enid overwhelmed me. I could feel my body shaking uncontrollably, my breath hitching in my throat.

"Just let me go Wednesday" she said firmly. Wiggling her arm out of mine unleashed tears now building up in her eyes.

"Enid please I'll fix whatever it is that's bothering you" I choked out

"I'm sorry Wednesday" she said a single tear running down her face as she walked away.

I dropped down to my knees the little box that was in my hands now on the grass below me. My heart ached as I watched her walk away. I felt an emptiness inside me that I had never felt before. I was sobbing violently, unable to control my emotions. The tears on my face fell down onto the grass below me. I wanted to run after her, to tell her how much I loved her. But I knew it was too late. She was gone, and I was left with a broken heart.

I stayed there not wanting to move, now sitting on the grass, until the sun set and the stars began to shine. I was still crying. The feeling of emptiness still lingers inside me. I picked up the little box and held it close to my chest. I felt hollow and numb. I wanted to know what I had done wrong. Why she had left me.I felt the tears streaming down my face as I cradled the box in my arms. I knew that I would never get an answer to my questions.

After a while it had begun to rain. I was cold and shivering. But I couldn't force myself to get up. I didn't want to leave. I just wanted to stay there forever, holding that little box in my arms, letting the rain wash away my tears. I felt abandoned, I stayed there alone in the rain. My lips turning blue. Breathing becoming harder and harder.

I didn't want to be in the world if I wasn't with Enid. Everything thing seemed impossible without her. Life no longer seemed to be worth living. I closed my eyes and thought of all the good times we had. I thought of her beautiful smile, her laugh, her warmth and the way she looked at me with such love and admiration. What had gone wrong?

1053 words

I be munching on some tacos right now😩

I might post a new chapter for "The One" out today or tomorrow but idk cause I'm still writing it🧍🏽‍♀️