<3>

Haider wasn't tough and rude like this before. But what happened seven years ago had made him like this. He started disliking women. For him, they all were disloyal, cheaters, and materialistic. The bitterness soon changed into hate and now he couldn't stand the mere thought of having a woman in his life again. He believed he was living a pretty satisfied life now but his parents were not understanding. They wanted him to marry and get kids.

First, they waited for him to heal by himself and kept quiet, then they began getting proposals for him. However, Haider sternly declined any suggestion. But presently the situation was worse. His parents had started blackmailing him now. Making him feel guilty by showing him the sweets in the happiness of Nisha's child and many other things which had irked him a lot.

When he came back into his room, he was simmering in anger. In irritation, Haider jerked off his shirt from his shoulders and threw it on the floor. After that, he headed towards the washroom. Perhaps getting a cold shower would help him calm down but he knew it wouldn't be. On every meal, on every talk, and on every nook, those discussions wouldn't leave his side.

As he came back into the bedroom, rubbing his hair with a towel, he found Unaiza there with a tray of food. Haider glared at the thing in her hand before rolling his eyes.

"After boiling my blood, they have finally cared about that I was hungry after twelve hours of duty," he mumbled in sarcasm.

Unaiza sighed but didn't say anything.

Haider eyed her coldly while turning towards the mirror  "Take it away, Unaiza. Tell them their talks have filled my stomach."

Unaiza kept the tray on the table and walked up to him. "Aqia Mama and Papa didn't send it. I bought it myself. They are very angry with you. They said that their patience has ended now and unless you agree to get married, they won't talk to you."

Haider smirked. "Then perhaps it's going to happen for a lifetime."

Unaiza huffed. "Haider Bhai, what happened to you? You aren't going to live alone like this forever."

"Unaiza I will because my life has no place for cheaters and two-faced creation," he said, in between combing his hair.

"I am also a girl. Do you think of me as a cheater and two-faced?" Unaiza questioned back at which Haider stopped whatever he was doing and looked at her.

"Gurya, it's not like this. It is another thing in your case. You can never be like this," he announced.

Unaiza held his arm. "Believe me it's not the case with Nisha Api as well. It's all that was written in fate. That doesn't mean that every woman is a cheater."

Haider jerked away her hand. "Oh please Unaiza. Don't you start to advocate for her in front of me? I know what's the truth. Besides, just leave now. I want to sleep."

Unaiza exhaled in exasperation. "Okay but don't forget to eat. The meal never did bad with you to get angry at it."

"Take that food with you as well," Haider ordered her.

Unaiza narrowed her eyes. "Haider Bhai!"

"Just do it Unaiza. I won't eat it. If they are stubborn then they should know that I am also their son," he replied.

"Won't you do it even for your Gurya?" She peeked at him with puppy wet eyes which almost melted his heart.

"Unaiza---"

"You are very bad." Her big eyes were ready to burst now.

Haider exhaled. "Okay. Keep it here. I will eat it."