<25>

For quite a long time, no one talked to him about Nisha. None even tried to give any justification for what happened eight years ago in either his or her favor as well. Their attitude was neutral whenever they asked Haider to think about his life again. Where Nisha was their dearest niece and cousin, at the same time, he was the beloved son and doting elder brother for them.

Today for the first time, someone had brought Nisha's mention in front of him. And that was not anyone; it was his wife. And Haider thought he wouldn't be able to control the devastation that was lurking in his veins, causing his every sense to become numb. That woman was a weak point of his hurt ego and whenever he used to see her or hear about her, he always lost his calm like this.

But now it was different. Ishmal had hit on another place as well. No one had ever tried to tell him how wrong he was to become this cold-hearted bastard that he even hurt his own family in the beginning just because of the betrayal of that woman. Even he acted badly with that innocent, helpless girl as well who was his wife just because she was a woman like Nisha. Maybe today as well he was about to plunge his hatred for Nisha on Ishmal but his changed feelings for her came in the way.

Ishmal was gone now and suddenly those emotions again resurfaced which were present before her. Haider curled his fingers in a fist and smashed it on the wall angrily.

What was happening to him? He never wanted to fall into this mess at all. He knew he would never be able to live a contented life like this. His ego was bigger than anything and that was the reason, he never overcame the wound inflicted on it. But now it involved the stupid feelings as well which were for Ishmal. That feeling to possess her, show the whole world that she was his, and not to let her go forever.

                     __________________

Ishmal directly came into the kitchen after that heated argument with Haider. Why does she have to react so much? He could have done anything from her side. It was not like she would have stayed with him for her whole life. But by doing this, she had definitely woken up a demon inside him who was sleeping earlier. The monster in him which he always warner her from. And it wasn't a suspect even now that his ex-fiance was the reason for how he was today. Yet she got herself into this problem like this.

As she reached there, she could find maids working. Ishmal stood against the counter and took a deep breath to calm herself down. Instinctively her fingers went towards her neck. She moved then slowly and it made her recall what happened in the room. Ishmal's cheeks reddened as she bit her lower lip. How could she let that happen? And on top of all, why did she like it and even show that arrogant man that she liked what he did?

"Bhabi, you aren't coming for dinner?" It was Unaiza's voice that caused her to come out of her thoughts.

She looked at the glasses girl whose curious eyes were fixed on her.

"Huh?" She whispered blankly but then her question hit her. Ishmal shook her head and brought a smile to her face. "I am coming. Just wanted to check that everything is alright."

Unaiza nodded. "Is Haider Bhai coming?"

Ishmal swallowed. "He said he will come after having a shower."

She lied but she hoped that he would come.

"Come then. Let's go. Everyone is waiting." Unaiza held her hand and she could just stare at her.

She called Haider arrogant but perhaps she was doing much worse than this. She was ditching all those nice people. Ishmal decided she wouldn't be keeping up with this now. She would end all this. She couldn't live with Haider now when he had started to touch the strings of her heart.