<4>

Haider knew that he wouldn't get away with this situation unless he would do what his parents wanted. If he was determined, then they were the ones who gave birth to him. So it was a condition where he had to lean if he wanted the comfort of his family and home. However, he was still not that placated to let them rule over his life by bringing their chosen girl for him.

If this happened, he would be at a true loss. After marriage, in the future they would expect him to take care of their daughter-in-law as a good husband; something which he could never do. He loathed that gender and gentleness was the last thing he could show them. 

Something should be done that the problem should be solved but Haider wouldn't be placed at a loss. The cold atmosphere should be made better and his marriage even though was the only clue for it but it shouldn't affect him.

When he found that girl running away that night, initially he thought she was really a thief or any culprit. Haider had seen many criminals, nevertheless, the way this girl was crying and pleading, he could make an idea what she was saying was the truth perhaps. Besides, he didn't care about the validity anymore when that idea struck his mind to use her to get himself out of the trouble.

She required shelter. If he would give her one, she would always remain gratified for him and wouldn't ask for anything else. In simple words, he could treat her however he wanted and she would complain because indeed, it was he who did a favor to him. She would always remain under it's weight and hence this way, Haider didn't have to pose anything. As she would not be his parents' preference, they could not blackmail him anymore. A girl he himself would bring would be far better than what his parents would like for him.

Ishmal for a moment couldn't believe her hearing. She never expected a policeman to ask her this.

"Wha....what are you saying?" She stuttered on her words.

"I am saying what you heard. I will give you protection. My house will act as a shelter for you. And my name will be linked to you. You will get respect, care, a name, and a place to live. You don't have to care for anything. You will get a family and meals of three times that too unlimited. You just have to do nikkah with me in return," Haider explained in a slow voice.

Ishmal who was confused first turned agitated by his supposed agreement. "What are you thinking of me as? I am from a prestigious family and I am not something whom perhaps you are guessing of me as."

Haider sighed. "I want to make you my wife. You will stay at my house. Certainly, my thinking for you isn't like what you are considering."

"Why do you want to get married to me?" Ishmal asked.

"I have my own reasons for this." He shrugged his shoulders. "I just want to get married temporarily. For a couple of months if I have to be precise. You need a refuge and the only difference is that other than any shelter home, my house will act as a shelter home for you. But you don't have to worry about anything. If you agree, we will only be married on paper and in front of my family. It will be a contract marriage for us. You will act as a doting wife in front of my family for me and I will do the same. But in our own privacy, we will be just two roommates and nothing else. Your dignity, pride, and prestige will be protected. We will just do this till I need that marriage and you need refuge. After that, I will let you go."

Ishmael pondered upon it. She couldn't go back home. Her family would ask her why did she leave at midnight. And if she told the truth, her stepfather who was already preying on her would become against her openly. And if she would hide this, then what reason she could use as an excuse? Nothing would look plausible. Besides, the major problem was still there; her stepfather. He would now surely do what he threatened her. Abid had already skilfully taken himself out of this, the first time he approached her.