<9>

Even after all those rituals, there was no end to this show. She was tired of sitting like this. Her heart was beating crazily because of this acting of a happy bride. There was so much scare present in her that she was getting pale. There were so many people in Haider's family as he mentioned earlier and now those girl cousins were sitting around her, making funny and teasing remarks that she had no interest in hearing

Right now her mind was getting blank due to so much tension. Even she couldn't eat anything properly due to the same anxiety. How long would she be able to put up with this drama? What had she done with herself? She lost her family and is now got surrounded by strangers. She didn't know with which thinking that guy married her and he wanted her to appear rude to his family. Perhaps he thought of her as some characterless girl who was fleeing from her house to meet a man.

At that time, she wished she should have died with her father. This world had no place for her. What about her mother who trusted her so much and she left her like this? So much was going on inside her head that she couldn't mask the apprehension away from her face.

"Haider Bhai's choice is indeed very nice. Aqia's Aunt was getting worried for no reason. Right Aini?" This was some of the cousins of Haider who chirped and whispered this to her sister.

Ishmal had no hope of even looking at it. There was a blackness in front of her vision and her throat was dry.

"C...can I get the water?" She whispered in a low voice.

Hiba heard this and quickly poured her a glass of water while Aqia narrowed her eyes seeing her pale face and shivering lips. What was wrong with her?

Ishmal quickly attached the glass with her lips and gulped down the water greedily. It felt like she had been thirsty for ages. The drops of cold water did give relief to her dysfunctional senses a bit but right now, she just wanted isolation. This crowd and noises were making her numb and frightened.

                _____________________

After a while for which she was grateful, Ishmal got freed from all those annoying girls and she was led by Haider's sisters in his room. She took a deep breath when she found some privacy. As she entered inside, her exhausted eyes roamed around.

This room was even bigger than the house she had been living in for twenty-four years of her life. The walls were painted light blue and there were sky-blue curtains on big windows. The furniture was white. The bed was decorated with red and white fresh roses and their fragrance despite lifting her mood, made her more nauseated.

Unaiza had helped her sit on the bed. Now she was diligently spreading her maroon lehngha around her beautifully.

"Bhabi, do you need anything?" Unaiza asked.

The panic was rolling on her again. Ishmal was never used to of being the center of attention for so many people. She never wanted so many eyes on herself. It always made her nervous. All her life, she found refuge by mingling herself and remaining far behind everyone so that no one could look at her. She was naturally a very introverted and timid girl.

Ishmal nodded. "Unaiza, do you have a painkiller?"

Unaiza gritted her brows in confusion. "Painkiller? Why Bhabi? Are you okay?"

"Yes," she quickly said. Her breath was getting disheveled. "It's just that my head is hurting. Nothing series"

Unaiza caught the sight of the beads of sweat on her forehead. She grabbed her hands. "Bhabi are you fine?"