<31>

Haider walked inside the torture cell and his eyes caught the attention of the middle-aged man who was currently screaming both in pain and help. He had his both hands joined in the form of forgiveness but the inspector had no motive to stop the beating yet without any new word from him.

"Why are you beating me...What have u done?... Why...why you guys have arrested me?...I...I haven't done anything," he was pleading as tears were falling from his eyes and his cries were reaching the roof.

"Every criminal says the same, you rascal," the inspector yelled and again landed a stick on his knee, perhaps which broke his kneecap.

That jerk. Haider thought.

When he would do his way with him, he was sure those whines of his would surely tear away the roof even.

Haider stepped ahead and raised a hand indicating his inspector to halt the torture for now. The inspector pulled away and gave him a jerky nod.

Haider bent a bit in front of the man's face. He was breathing heavily and moaning out of pain. But as soon as his eyes locked with Haider, they widened and he stilled.

"Cry all you want, you bastard. I love these sounds that are coming out of your dirty mouth when you cry in pain," Haider murmured sternly. His black eyes darkened more which shot a chilling sensation down the spine of the man.

Haider punched his mouth harshly and it caused a few drops of blood to sprinkle all around.

"Wh..what have I done? Why are you doing this to me?" The man rasped with difficulty.

A vicious smirk came across Haider's lips as he grabbed his jaw tightly. "You are a low-level bastard who has vile intentions and eyes filled with lust. And that too for someone who called you father  And I very well know how to take care of nasty people like you and make you screech like a poor frightened cat, you old hag."

Haider pounced his leg in his stomach and the man really screeched like a frightened cat. The torture of the all inspectors from earlier was another thing but his policeman had a harsh grim and brutal punches that almost made his teeth rattle in fear.

Haider straightened and turned towards his inspector. "Take him to lock up and give him everything he needs."

Panic lurked in Abid's eyes as the inspector approached him. He jerked him up but Abid managed to sneak away and rushed towards Haider. He held his knees.

"Please don't do this to me. I haven't done anything. She is lying. That bitch is lying to get me in trouble. It was she who was after me and when I didn't reciprocate, then she---"

Haider pushed him away sharply and then slapped his face. "Shut up!"

He yanked his jaw with his palm and looked into his eyes. There was fear and terror. That would have been the same for Ishmal when he tried to force her. This made Haider's blood to simmer and he closed his fist on his jaw. Perhaps his stern grip had made one or two of Abid's teeth to break as well.  He suddenly felt a need to burn his whole body with which he had tried to coerce her, pop out his eyes with which he laid a dirty look at her, and break his hands with which he touched her. And he would do that. He would surely do that.

"Take him away quickly." He left his mouth and ordered.

                      ________________

Sitting in his office, he was checking some important files on his laptop. Ten days ago, a high-profile incident took place in Sheikhupura.

The young son of one of the prominent MNA of the government party was driving recklessly late at night. He was drunk and underage. He didn't even have any licence so driving alone like this was a crime and violation of rules. He was driving with a speed of 120+ and this caused him to run over his car at a motorbike. On the bike, a man was riding with his eleven-year-old daughter. Both died in the instant but the car driver ran away. CTTV footage clearly showed his car and the culprit was in front of the whole world but due to undue influence, the MNA tried to make peace with the family of the victim. However, the family wanted the killer of their sufferers to get punishment.