<44>

He pressed his lips against her forehead and closed his eyes. For some unknown reasons, it gave him a different level of satisfaction. He was relieved like he finally reached home after a hectic day out.

Ishmal halted her breath in her throat. His lips felt wonderful against her skin. As though they mended so many hidden wounds. When Haider pulled away to look at her, her cheeks were blanched. What deep was he forcing away from himself for so many months? It was so wholesome to be with Ishmal. Talk to her, touch her, kiss her, and get those special moments together.

Haider grabbed her delicate hand which was resting at her side. A smile struck his lips once again to find the ring which he gave her on her finger. He just couldn't get enough of this sight.

"You are wearing it, Ishmal," he said, twirling the ornament with his index finger.

Ishmal's eyes fell upon where he was referring before looking back at him. She bit her lower lip in apprehension. She didn't know if she did right by being so forthcoming or not. She still had a few reservations regarding their marriage. The biggest was his ex-fiance and his hatred for women.

She just agreed with him because he actually was very honest with her and asked for a chance. He didn't coerce her to come back to him. He didn't make false promises but he said he would try. He would make an effort for their relationship. However, now that ring in her finger did make her anxious. What would he take out of it? She just wore it because that was Haider's last indication which was in her possession. And she wanted to have a feel of him around her.

Haider noticed her uneasiness quite well. He lifted her face by putting his thumb and index finger under her chin.

"This made me so happy. I didn't leave any room for you to accept my gift. I should have given it to you in person but again my ego came in between. But Ishmal, you made it even more worthy by putting it in your hand," he explained, diving into the uncertainties present in her eyes.

Was this ego still present or he had gotten rid of it? Ishmal thought. She took a deep breath before removing the ring from her finger.

She took his hand and plopped the ring in his palm. "I'll only accept it again if you will give it to me as a present without any second thought. In person, Mr. Haider."

He closed his fist upon the ring as he smirked. "So which occasion do you prefer for it, Mrs. Haider? A new proper wedding night will be perfect, I assume. Hum?

Her face again matched a tomato but this time she smiled shyly.

"Yet before that I want us to see each other," he announced in a low voice.

Ishmal raised a brow.

"Let's date, Ishmal. I want both of us to know each other better. I don't want to hurt you again. We should start with small steps. I want to take care of you, make you feel special, give importance to you, skip my everything to spend time with you, become your lover, laugh, and enjoy everything with you. Will you do that?" He asked her.

"If after this date period, you won't like me then what will happen?" She brooded.

Haider clenched his jaw and snaked an arm around her waist before pulling her into his chest. She whiffed in a breath at this.

"That's not even a question. I am already in love with you. Extreme love which has been making me go crazy for you," he whispered sternly.

In impulse, he scooped his head down to her level in an attempt to kiss her but he stopped. Things should only be initiated if and how she wants them.

Ishmal's eyes widened in surprise. "Love?"

"Yes, love." He shrugged his shoulders. "Which is making me do all these things.  Will you give me a chance, Ishmal?"