<45>

After she knocked, Ibad opened the gate. She smiled at him but his face seemed to be drained of all colors.

"Hi buddy," she said, ruffling his hair but soon some voices from inside made her get attentive towards it.

"What's happening? Did someone visit?" She asked, walking past him.

"Dadi has come," Ibad replied in a clutter.

Ishmal raised a brow. Why was she here again? Was it again to snatch her brothers from them? But after whatever Haider did with her husband, they shouldn't dare attempt this again.

Ishmal nodded before stepping inside. As she entered the lounge, she didn't expect such a harsh welcome. The old woman who was Abid's mother marched towards her and held her by her arm.

"So you came back? After putting dirt over your face and a stain over your family's reputation, you dare to roam freely like this? How shameless you are," she yelled at Ishmal.

Ishmal couldn't understand what she was talking about. She glanced over at her mother who was currently seated in a wheelchair and then at grand grandparents, all looking at the scene worriedly but with irritation.

"What are you saying?" Ishmal whispered, trying to free her arm from her grip.

"Leave her, Zubaida. She doesn't know anything. How can you even think she can be involved in all of this?" Her grandmother argued.

"She is just acting to be innocent. I can't believe I let a filthy and characterless girl like her become a part of my family," the woman snarled, giving Ishmal a disgusted look.

"Stop this! Your own son was a piece of trash and we don't know anything about what's bothering you. So kindly leave. I won't tolerate you one second more in my house " Her grandfather stood and pulled a finger at the woman.

The woman again turned towards Ishmal. "Tell me where is my husband? Where did your lover again take him?"

Ishmal's eyes widened at this. What was she hearing? She didn't even know anything.

"Sh...shut your mouth before saying things like this," Farah spoke suddenly after remaining quiet for a while.

"Oh, truth always stings, Farah." She smirked at her face. "Your so-called innocent daughter isn't pure anymore. When she fled, she must have pleased that ASP to get a place to live. Or maybe he found her rotten figure on a road and to survive, she only got this way. To become a call girl for him. And now that policeman is doing the things which she wants. She is making him plunge a havoc on my family. First my son and now my husband. You again spent a good day with him today. Right? The glow on your face is telling this."

Tears brimmed in Ishmal's eyes at her nasty words about her. She never heard someone use such language for her. She was calling her someone who would sell herself for ulterior motives to a guy. "Please don't say things like this. Fear Allah, Aunt."

The woman laughed wickedly. "And what about you, the pure angel? Telling me to fear Allah by spending a whole day with that stranger ASP. God knows what he gets from you that someone powerful and rich like him is wasting his energy and time on a low girl like you. Why don't you tell everyone today by what relation he is doing all this for you and why did I see you in his car today?"

Ishmal sobbed hard at this. Was she caught by Abid's mother when she was out with Haider? At that time, she felt her tongue refused to work. She started shivering badly. Why all of this was happening to her?

'Ishmal, you don't have to worry about anything. No one will walk over you again. Or else I will chop him into pieces.'

Haider's voice reverberated in her ears. He said he would take care of her and he would take a stand for her. And today she was giving him this task to let her have her respect, dignity, and honor back. Something that got brutally crushed by Abid but could come back if Haider wanted.