<65>

Ultimately Haider had acted upon his decision and led Ishmal to his own house, separately from his family. Though before leaving, he made sure to speak to his mother. He didn't want to go by giving rise to anyone having misconceptions. But this time, Aqia remained quiet.

The little bit of benefit of the doubt she gave to Ishmal after her husband's talks and the way Haider had reacted over this whole situation, just flew away once again. She initially wanted to think that Ishmal was indeed innocent. However not now. For her, that girl was snatching her son from him. She was causing a rift between their family who never for once fallen apart. Perhaps that was her motive all along. Still, Aqia kept quiet this time.

Haider was totally on Ishmal's side and if she would again say anything negative about her, she would even lose this Haider who was talking respectfully and lovingly to her.

As Ishmal again came with Haider to his own house, she looked around blankly. When she had been there a few weeks ago, she was so happy. But now, an unusual sadness was engulfing her heart. Haider had directed her towards their bedroom.

"You should rest a bit. I have to leave for my duty. It's already very late. There's everything present here so if you need anything, I am sure it won't be any problem. I'll come earlier than usual and then we'll have dinner together," he told her.

"Haider, you won't regret it. Right?" She asked, completely ignoring what he said because she couldn't even keep an ear on what he was saying as there was so much noise in her inside.

He touched her shoulder. "About what?"

"About leaving your house. And...and about believing me," she murmured quietly.

Haider lifted her face by putting a finger under her chin. "You are worth everything, Ishmal. And why would I regret it when that's the truth. Your innocence, purity, and sincerity is something which had been protecting for your husband and that's evident."

She sobbed hard. "To save it had cost me so much. I am so fed up with all of these disgusting statements, Haider. If I didn't do anything wrong and sinful,  then why do I have to hear these words that want me to wish that I would lose my sense of hearing someday."

Haider cupped her face tenderly. "I am with you. No one will dare to say anything vile against you and in return, I'll make that one word the worst thing which his tongue had ever uttered. Stop thinking like that. That wasn't your mistake and believe me, it's making me want to crush that bastard Abid's throat by my own hands."

And maybe he would have done that if that wasn't against the law. The bastards who tried to harass and worst force women should get a death sentence in every brutal way possible. Nonetheless, it would happen by a lifelong sentence where he would rot in jail till his death.

Ishmal glanced at him in stun. Haider wiped her tears with the pads of his fingers.

"No more tears now. Okay?" He asked.

Ishmal scrunched her nose before nodding. Haider smiled and kissed her palm. She was still amazed that he never for a small moment doubted her. It proved how much he loved and trusted her.

She was indeed very lucky to have a husband like him.

                      _________________

It was the happening of a few days later when Ishmal was settling the fresh white roses in the vase of the bed's either side tables. In just a few days, she had decorated the house as well. It was a bit smaller house than Haider's parents' bungalow but she liked it nevertheless. Many maids were there who were more than enough to take care of every chore by themselves but Ishmal mostly used to take over or either help them to keep herself busy.