<27>

Ishmal's face turned white seeing Haider there. It felt like she was got caught by him doing something. Even the tears in her eyes also forgot to shed. Haider looked at her in confusion. What was she doing here in the night? And top of all, it looked like she had cried.

"Ishmal..." He murmured. "Why are you sitting here?

She swallowed thickly and took a deep breath to calm herself down. She didn't want to show this arrogant man that she was affected by him in any way. Placing her hands on her knees, she tried to get up but fell again on the same bench because she couldn't do so. A screech left her mouth and she touched her right foot impulsively.

Haider's eyes followed her hand and they widened finding so much blood around her foot on the ground. Her sole was bruised and now she was properly gasping because of pain from suddenly putting so much pressure on it. Haider crouched down before her legs and picked up her foot. She tried to pull away but Haider didn't allow it. What he saw was exactly like what he thought. Ishmal's sole was badly injured and it was bleeding as well.

He raised his head to see her face which was contorted due to both pain and anxiety. "What's this?"

There were a few chunks of brown thing impinged in her sole and it gave everything much away. Haider glared at her and then glanced around.

The guard stayed at the main gate and right now they were present at the part of the garden which led to the back gate. This wasn't used by anybody but perhaps Ishmal tried to use it to sneak away again. That was her bad luck that while trying to use the chunks of the bricks to make a block to climb over the gate, one of them got stuck in her foot and then she fell on the ground injuring her sole.

It was a week since she last attempted to flee from here but ever since that day, she was never at peace. Haider's presence was making her heart open up for him and she felt weird and unusual. Instead of giving her butterflies and a sense of relief, this change feeling was making her feel trapped. She didn't want to live here now with ditching so many nice people for no reason. She could never find herself falling for a man who had someone else in his heart and just wanted her in his life for his own selfish reasons.

When everyone went into their room, Ishmal thought about getting her plan to work. Unlike last time, she didn't take anything from here. If she wasted time on packing her suitcase, Haider would get suspicious again. After examining everything, she decided to use the back gate to escape. But she indeed was unfortunate that despite trying to her full strength after that brick poked against her soft flesh, she couldn't even move. And now Ishmal didn't know what would be Haider's reaction.

"What were you doing, Ishmal?" Haider asked.

"I don't want to live here anymore. I want to leave. Let me go," she replied sternly, trying her best to control her tears. She wanted to tell him that she didn't this marriage at all.

Haider's eyes darkened as he stood next to her again. "So you were again trying to flee. Huh?"

"Let me go by straight way and this won't happen," she mumbled, glancing at the grass on the ground since his black eyes still made her feel intimidated.

Haider clenched his jaw and placed his index finger under her chin to lift her face. But the way her bright eyes were now brimming with tears made every bit of anger to wash out of his veins.

She was in pain right now.

"And that isn't going to happen," he grumbled.

Placing his one hand under her knees and the other on her waist, he hoisted her up in his strong arms. Ishmal's mouth fell open at what he did. Haider walked ahead. She hit his taut shoulder with her fist.