<53>

"Do you still hate women?" She inquired, making him pause as he was going to take a sip of the coffee.

"I hate every person on this earth who is a crap from actions and disposition. Irrespective of gender, Ishmal," he replied calmly after a while.

Ishmal silently regarded him before lifting her shoulder. "But wasn't that more pronounced for women?"

Haider narrowed his eyes at her. He knew where it was going. But now Nisha's mention doesn't bother him. Instead, it annoyed him that why did he had to put her betrayal into his head so much that it became a reason for worry in Ishmal's mind.

"That's for everyone who is a stain on the name of human. I still hate some people. But the difference is that they can go to hell from the side and I won't care.   All I care about is you, Ishmal. As I told you earlier; my heart, my mood, and my consideration only change in front of you. I am still a very bad man, believe me," he smirked.

Ishmal blew in a harsh breath. Her fingers curled over the thin fabric of her shirt. Haider's eyes followed her movement and he got hold of her hand. He pressed his lips over her knuckles.

"That's what you do. I never wanted to come out of my bubble but you always manage to compel me to bring out something subtle and nice out of me," he murmured, looking into her stunned wide eyes.

Haider bridged the gap between them and covered her neck with his palms. "Believe me, Ishmal. There's no one between us. Not in the past not presently as well."

"And she?" She whispered.

Haider clenched his jaw at her question. "Send damn to everyone else, Ishmal. If I again approach you, it's because you are you. Even when I touched you when we were living together, it was because you enthralled me as yourself. It was only you even then for me. I didn't want to let you go but my ego was high. I didn't want you to know that I love you. So that was the only way I could have stopped you. I hate the mere idea of that woman. Wanting to come closer to you by keeping her in mind was far away from reality. You are my Ishmal for me. End of discussion."

Tears brimmed in her eyes but she pulled her face away from his hands. "That room? It has her memories that's why you never let anyone go inside of it."

Haider first glanced at her with the same stern demeanor but to her surprise, he laughed shortly after.

"Who told you this? I assume Hiba. Right? Huzaifa and Gurya can't be this silly to actually reveal it to you," he asked her as still a smile was playing on his lips.

Ishmal pouted but nodded anyway.

"I had a craze for planes. I wanted to become a pilot when I was a teenager. It was my passion and my parents had supported me in it throughout. That room which you are talking about was like my personal museum. I had every kind of collection of plane toys since I was a kid. The toys, the paintings and everything just related to the air. But when my own mother supported someone else over me when I needed her support the most, I chose a profession that she absolutely hated for me due to its risks and even killed my passion for it even. I know it's crazy but that was the anger and rebellion of a way younger me. That's why that room is still closed. I can't see its sight as it brings back the longing in me," he explained.

Ishmal quickly understood the someone else in his talk and today she realized, how much he hated his ex-fiance. His reaction wasn't due to her, it was because of the wound on his ego which she inflicted.

"Let your hair free," he suddenly demanded, completely changing the topic.

Ishmal raised a brow at his off-the-track wish but seeing the passion rising in his eyes, she bit her lower lip and moved her hands towards the back of her head. She pulled out the hairband slowly and it caused her mid-waist golden hair to fall freely around her.