<15>

The color on Unaiza's face got drained when Ishmal said she wanted to go inside this room to check out the paintings. She noticed it and it made her confused because as far as Ishmal knew, she never asked for anything that complicated.

"Actually, Bhabi....that..." Unaiza licked her lips to formulate the appropriate statement. "This room is locked and Aqia Mama has its keys. Haider Bhai actually doesn't like the paintings to get any dirt so that's why we keep it locked so that no mud could get there."

Ishmal slightly nodded. "Oh." She could relate to it even though the first time her thoughts matched Haider's. She also hated when any of her portraits got a slight amount of dirt. She always pays special attention to cleaning all her art on a daily basis so that they would remain neat and tidy.

"If you want, I can bring the keys from---"

"Oh no no. Leave it. I will see it some other day. Right now, I am feeling hungry due to roaming around like this," Ishmal chuckled, interrupting Unaiza.

She didn't maintain a habit of having breakfast early in the morning. She mostly just took a cup of tea in the name of breakfast and ate a proper meal for lunch. While here in Haider's house, everyone was used to having decent breakfast and that too very timely. Ishmal even though wanting to give them company by following them, couldn't digest more than a few bites. So right now, her stomach was calling her as the clock hit twelve.

Unaiza led her into the dining hall. "You sit here Bhabi. I'll tell the maid to cook for you. What do you want to eat?"

Ishmal shrugged her shoulders. "Anything is fine for me."

"Okay," Unaiza bobbed her head and then left for the kitchen, leaving her alone for now.

Ishmal looked around. Here, maids did every work. From small to big chore everything were taken care of by them. It seemed a bit funny to her considering she never thought of a life like this. Marriage never came in her plan till now. She had just gotten free from her studies a few months ago and even her mother also hadn't discussed this thing with her. And then suddenly her stepfather decided to disclose his nasty desires for her without any mask.

At first, it was hidden behind that sweet smile and display of fatherly love. Thinking about all this had made her remember her mother again. Ishmal hoped she was okay and bore with her fleeing away bravely. Perhaps she might be hating Ishmal for doing this to her. But what could she do in such a state where that man was so ready to pound on her? The person who was her mother's only support after Allah in this world and her little brothers' father and shadow. And what was she doing there except being a burden on them? Maybe what she did was right. Her stepfather wouldn't have let her live peacefully.

After that contract ended, she would go to any girls' hostel or shelter home. She had the education. She could do any job. It was difficult but definitely not impossible. Then some time in life ahead when her mother and brothers would be strong enough to live without the man they considered their pillar, she would meet them.

She was still in her thoughts when Unaiza came back. Giving her a small smile, she sat on the chair opposite to her.

"Bhabi, by the way, are you also fond of painting?" She asked, excitedly.

"Yes. Not only looking at art, I also love to paint." It was Ishmal's favorite topic, so she talked enthusiastically.

"If you want to see the paintings in that room, then I think not me, you should go there with Haider Bhai," Unaiza commented, intertwining the fingers of her both hands into each other.

Ishmal gritted her brows together. "Why?"

Unaiza bit her lip but then giggled. "It's because all those paintings are brought by Haider Bhai. In fact he set that room. He can guide you better than me."

Match Made In Moonlight ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें