28: Do Anything You Say Coupon

Word Count: 1,412

"Golden Week's pretty soon, huh?" I muttered quietly, gazing at the calendar on the shelf.

April had been a busy month, and I had been preoccupied with moving up a year and Rosé's big push to be friendly with me even at uni. So before I knew it, the end of the month was fast approaching, and Golden Week, highly anticipated by students and adults alike, would soon be upon us.

I didn't particularly dislike my studies. Actually, if asked, I would say I enjoyed them. Going to college was a little bit of a hassle but not any great hardship, so I wasn't necessarily all that thrilled about the break. I simply thought it would be nice to have some more time to relax.

Unlike last year, this year Rosé would be with me for Golden Week, so I wouldn't be bored. Lisa had already claimed one of the days of my break for "taste testing at Rosé's cooking class," so far from boring, my vacation promised to be eventful and probably difficult.

"Another long break is coming up…," Rosé muttered.

"Yep, but is it me or do you not sound too thrilled?"

"It's not that I don't like breaks. I was just wondering how I'll kill the time."

Apparently Rosé felt similarly. Both of us were homebodies, and we hadn't made any plans to speak of.

"Yeah, I mean, I'm happy enough to get a break, but I don't really have anything to do." I hadn't fallen behind in my schoolwork or anything, so I didn't feel like I needed to go out of my way to pack my vacation with studying.

I didn't have an especially strong desire to partake in my hobbies of walking or reading, and it wasn't like I needed to make plans for those anyway. Same with video games. I really didn't have any plans.

"…Y/N, are you free over the break?"

"I guess I am."

As things stood, all I had planned were my day as a taste tester for the impromptu cooking class and going to karaoke at some point with Jennie and Chanyeol. The break was a whole week long, so my schedule was still wide open.

I was about to say I'd most likely be relaxing at home, when I noticed Rosé staring up at me.

"What's the matter?"

I met Rosé's gaze and saw that she looked like she had something to say.

She reached for her smartphone, which was on top of the table. More accurately, she reached for the phone case.

Rosé's phone case was the wallet type with spots to keep cards and such, and from one of the card slots, she pulled a small plastic bag with a zipper. Inside it were a number of folded slips of paper, and Rosé took one of them out and opened it up to show me.

Before I even had time to recognize it, I was looking at one of the DO ANYTHING YOU SAY coupons I had given her a little over a month earlier. Rosé held out the coupon, decorated with an illustration of a bear that I personally thought I had drawn quite well, and looked up at me pointedly again.

"Can I use it?"

"You can ask me to do anything you like."

"…Over Golden Week, I want one day with you," she said timidly. "I want to go shopping, and hang out, and whatever else I request. All right?"

I let out a quiet laugh. "Come on, I would go shopping and stuff with you if you asked. You don't really need to use a coupon for something so simple."

She probably wanted me to get all dressed up to take her out, but I would have done that for her anytime, so I didn't think she had to go to so much trouble.