57: Love

Word Count: 2,351

"Yes! Summer vacation is finally here!" Jennie exclaimed.

"Why are you going wild?" I asked, looking a bit overwhelmed by the heat.

It was late July, and with the closing ceremony and the end of homeroom, we were finally free. The students around us were buzzing with excitement, discussing their summer plans.

Jennie had been bouncing off the walls since the moment we were dismissed, while I tried to keep my cool in the sweltering heat.

"Why? Isn't it obvious? Today marks the end of those dreadful classes. Heaven... Paradise has finally arrived." Jennie exclaimed.

"Just because you don't enjoy studying doesn't mean everyone else hates it you dumpling," I replied.

"Zip it, brainiac. Besides, you'll have more time to spend with Rosé, right?" Jennie teased.

"Spending time together doesn't mean we're attached at the hip," I retorted. In reality, we spent most of our time doing our own things and rarely had the chance to talk.

When we did spend time together, one of us would be studying or doing chores. It wasn't all about flirting and being lovey-dovey.

"...If I'm being honest, it seems like you have a mental block against flirting, so you do it unconsciously," Jennie remarked.

"How so?" I asked, curious.

"I bet you make eye contact and smile from time to time, lean against each other, and even hold hands..." Jennie teased, trying to get a reaction out of me.

I couldn't deny that. Rosie and I didn't embrace all that often, but smaller forms of physical affection were a part of our daily routine. I never really considered it as flirting, but apparently, it was.

"Look here. You two are so flirtatious, I get hot just looking at you. Right, Jisoo?" Jennie chimed in.

"That's right. How do I put it? I get embarrassed just watching you guys," Jisoo added.

"You too, Jisoo?" I asked.

"But you know, thanks to the PDA, very few people are going to try to bother you, so I wouldn't say it's all bad," Jisoo commented.

It was true that we received less harassment and fewer complaints than I had anticipated. And in our college, none of the other students seemed interested in pursuing Rosé. Perhaps it was because of how she openly showed her love for me and didn't pay attention to anyone else. They seemed to have given up on her.

Even so, I had prepared myself for criticism and bullying, but instead, many of my classmates seemed almost protective. Frankly, I couldn't figure out why.

"You know, I bet the real reason nobody's come after you is because they're scared of Rosé," Jisoo said.

"Scared?" I questioned.

"No doubt. She's got them all in check, you know? I mean, after the way she handled herself on Sports Day, nobody dares to mess with her. If anyone tried to come after you, Y/N, she'd definitely go off."

"Go off... I can't even imagine it," I replied.

"Same here, but I bet she'd be totally pissed. We all know she's a boss in her studies and sports, and she's got the looks and the body to match. Plus, the teachers adore her, so she's not someone you want as an enemy. And you know it'd be extra scary if someone as sweet as her got mad at you."

I quietly nodded in agreement. Rosé was definitely not someone you wanted to mess with. I had already mentioned it before, but I could hardly picture her getting furious. But I knew better than to push her buttons. Rosé always had a calm smile and rarely got worked up over little things, but I had a feeling that when she reached her boiling point, she could shut down her opponent with a solid argument and a smile. Remembering what went down on Sports Day, it was definitely a possibility.