42: A Reward from the Angel

Word Count: 7,330

"Hey, Y/N, don't you think you went all out this time?" Jennie grumbled, sounding somewhat astonished as she stared at the exam rankings posted on the bulletin board in the hallway.

Even after our group study session, I had continued to work diligently, determined to do well on the exams. I wanted to feel proud of myself for once. Plus, studying had been a good distraction from certain flirtatious words that had been whispered in my ear.

Now, we were looking at the result of all my efforts and the work I had put in to keep my mind off those suggestive expressions and words. It had led me to rank sixth in our year this time.

"Wow, it's hard to believe I made it that far," I said, still a bit surprised.

"You really worked hard for it. Are you proud of yourself?" Jennie asked.

"...I guess I'm pretty proud. But there's no guarantee that I'll be able to do it again," I admitted.

"What a stoic person you are," Jennie remarked.

I didn't want Rosé to see me climb so high only to fall back down due to negligence. It wouldn't mean much unless I could consistently place in the top ranks.

Rosé had once again secured the top spot, far ahead of everyone else. This came as no surprise, but I knew it was because of her hard work and the fact that she never took her achievements for granted.

"It looks like you took sixth place this time, Y/N," Rosé said, her smile radiating beauty as she noticed my name on the bulletin board.

"Seems like it," I nodded, trying to downplay my achievement. "Good for me, I guess."

"She really put in the effort, you know," Jennie chimed in. "Studying even during breaks and stuff."

"Ah, well-" I started to respond, but Rosé interrupted.

"If you worked that hard, shouldn't you reward yourself?" Rosé suggested.

"I... I guess so," I replied, my mind racing as I recalled the reward Rosé had promised me.

She had promised to let me rest my head on her lap and clean my ears. I had tried so hard to push that thought out of my mind that I had genuinely forgotten about it. But she had said she would do it if I made it into the top ten.

I could always decline, but... there was no way I could bring myself to reject such an opportunity if the girl I liked wanted to pamper me like that. The surge of emotions that washed over me was indescribable.

"...Speaking of which, congrats on snagging the top spot. Shouldn't you treat yourself?" I suggested.

"Yeah, I guess so. But I don't wanna go overboard with the pampering," Rosé replied casually.

"But you're already so hard on yourself, I think a little indulgence won't hurt. But hey, it's your call," I added nonchalantly.

Now that we were on the topic, I realized that I would be getting something special from Rosé, but I had no clue what to give in return. I wondered what I should do.

On the other hand, I had no clue what she would want as a reward, so I figured I'd ask her later when we got home.

As I looked at Rosé with her angelic smile, Jennie whispered to me, "Why not reward her?"

I didn't need to be told twice. I made a mental note to ask her about it once we were back home.

-

"Huh? A reward for me?" Rosé turned around with a puzzled expression on her face as I asked the question while she was busy in the kitchen, wearing her apron.

The Angel Next Door (Rosé X Female Reader)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें