41: A Moment After the Test

Word Count: 1,967

Two days had flown by, and the dreaded exams were finally behind me. I felt a sense of liberation wash over me, as if a heavy weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Surprisingly, I found myself spending less time glued to my desk during exam week compared to regular classes. Test preparation seemed to flow more smoothly than my usual studies. Of course, there was an added pressure this time around because I was more invested in the outcome.

Usually, I put in a reasonable amount of effort and managed to score decently. However, this time, I went the extra mile, dedicating more time to studying and focusing on acing my exams. I must admit, I felt a bit nervous going into the tests, but now that they were over, I felt a sense of satisfaction with my performance.

After the exams, I met up with Rosé to compare our answers from the previous day's tests. While I didn't achieve a perfect score, it seemed like I had done really well. We planned to go over today's questions in detail once we got home, and I was confident that I had answered better this time around.

Leaning back in my chair, I allowed my body to relax as I took a well-deserved break. That's when Lisa stumbled over, looking completely drained of energy.

"Hey, Y/NNNN, how did it go?" she asked, her voice filled with anticipation.

Her usual spark was noticeably absent from Lisa's expression. I knew that studying wasn't exactly her thing. She had a knack for picking things up quickly, but she wasn't one to put in the effort, and it seemed like she hadn't prepared enough this time.

"Well, there wasn't anything specific that gave me trouble, so I think I did well," I replied, trying to sound nonchalant.

"Wow, you were really serious about it this time. Are you gonna ask me how I did?" Lisa asked, a hint of mischief in her voice.

"Let me guess, you did terribly but somehow managed to avoid failing?" I teased.

"You got it," she admitted with a sheepish grin.

"After all that tutoring, it would be a shame if you still failed," I chuckled, recalling the hours Rosé and I spent helping Lisa catch up.

Compared to Jennie, Lisa, and even Jisoo, Rosé and I were quite ahead in our studies. That gave us the opportunity to lend a hand to Lisa, ensuring she had a chance to pass the tests.

Despite Lisa's cheekiness and her somewhat rebellious attitude towards college, deep down, she had a sharp mind and a good grasp of the material. As long as it was taught well, she could quickly understand it.

As for whether Lisa would actually retain the information after the tests, well, that depended on whether she ever bothered to review it.

"It's all good, all good! I aced it this time!" Lisa exclaimed, a triumphant smile on her face.

"Hey, that's awesome. Even if the bar wasn't set too high, as long as you're happy, I'm happy. Just remember to keep up the hard work for the rest of the semester too," I reminded her.

"Whoa, hold up! We just finished these tests, let's not talk about the next ones... that's too depressing. Right now, let's celebrate our freedom! Right, Jennie?" Lisa turned to Jennie, seeking agreement.

"You got it! No need to dwell on the past or worry about the distant future. Let's live in the moment!" Jennie chimed in, looking a bit worn out from the English exam.

"I actually wanted to compare my test answers with someone," I mentioned.

"No way! Let's not think about the tests anymore!" Lisa protested, clinging to Jennie for support. They both looked completely drained, sharing their exhaustion and struggles.