Herald Threatens to Break Leg

Leg Break Threat

When I was 6 years old I was staying with my grandparents Harold and Jane Mavelly for the summer in Bennington Ok along with my two siblings.

One day my grandfather and I were on the couch and I guess wrestling. My grandfather was an advocate of wrestling with us, I don't know if it was a sick fantasy of his now that I know who he was behind closed doors or what drove him to be a proponent of such activity. Regardless, I kicked him once, he hit me back, so I kicked him much harder in the stomach. He grabbed my left leg and asked me "do you want me to break it?" by it he meant my leg. The man was a coward threatening a six-year-old child.

After my grandfather posed that question my grandmother who was sitting feet away while this happened said "Harold, calm down", or something along that degree to get the man to release my leg. This was the main male figure in my life and the worst thing is after a punishment you have to face that person every single day and with Harold he would bring up past abuse and laugh about it. This is not the behavior of a caring grandfather

The only thing I see as an excuse for his behavior is the whole entire if you were mistreated as a child you are likely to continue the saga with your children. So my grandfather likely grew up in a setting of abuse. Thing is, when he was older and was the one in power and control he regularly continued his father's behavior toward us grandchildren. Behavior of hate, malice, and anger.