MHMR Tyler?

MHMR Tyler?

After spending three months in Jefferson state hospital in 2015 I used the fact that I would oblige to be a part of the most extensive care system that the local MHMR had in Oakridge Ohio as a bargaining chip for my release. The final visit with the doctor I faked a smile and tried to appear cheerful as best as possible. I also used the fact I thought going to rehab Southside Recovery immediately after OSH as a secondary chip. So finally, after three months living with the mentally insane I was approved to be released and driven directly to Southside Recovery

When I arrived back in Oakridge I was staying with the Simth's again when one day shortly after I had returned to Oakridge We get a knock on the door and it is a male and female that work with MHMR that were there to explain to me the ACT team. Being under this care meant weekly visits with a person below a counselor and that I was only given enough medication for a week because of the possibility that I could overdose on my meds. They provided a pill separator and would arrive at the Smith's every week to distribute it.

So going further, the only way I could see myself succeeding in finishing my degree at Ohio ST was through the medication assistance, primarily Ritalin. The guy let's call him Tyler, told me I could get it prescribed as he was dropping me off at the gas station down the road per my request once our appointment at MHMR was concluded. When I was about to exit the vehicle he said, "I can convince the doctor to give you Ritalin if you go back to school or find a job." This was a guarantee he would promise me, yet later on the written report to cover himself he wrote "I promised nothing because at my level of employment I can't make promises, I never said that to Michael"

Anyways Those were the two requirements to be on an add or adhd medication, you have to first have a job or be enrolled in school. This made no sense to me because I needed the medication to help me get back on track and into school and to find a job. Anyways because of Tyler's telling me that, I went ahead and went through the process of re-enrolling in ST to complete my junior year. I was completely unprepared and was in a terrible living situation, and I had to apply for a second chance at completing my junior year because I had withdrawn something like three times, and I was both fortunately and unfortunately approved.

At the appointment I had with the doctor a day or two before classes began Tyler was in attendance as well as some female that was also on the ACT team. When I told the doctor that the only drug that has ever helped was Ritalin he told me he refused to prescribe it, and placed me on ridiculously high doses of two other meds and when I tried to plead my case he got up and left the room. If only the care in Bennington was on par with the care in Rochester, I could have lived a completely different life on a completely different set of medications.