Jonathan locked key in car buying beer

Locked key in car buying beer

When my family lived at Northwest my mother arranged a garage sale on a Saturday. We were already over $1,000 behind on rent so not much could be done but at least this was an attempt at something. The thing that truly pains me about this garage sale is what came of the money after. At the end of the day I believe my mother gave my father some money so that he could buy beer. He rarely drank anymore but the addiction still was there. The thing is by this time my father was in his late forties and alcohol and trauma had damaged his brain to where he was barely functional. Anyways so my father took the car and some of the garage sale money, I think the total we got from the sale was $40 or less, so he had some money to buy a beer or two.

So my father took the money and went to the grocery store which was an unfortunate choice because when he got there he accidently locked the keys in the car. He called a unlocking service, pop-a-lock to which they would arrive and it would be $30 to open the car. I having seen a friend's father open a lock with a coat hanger, I told my father not to pay the $30 that we could try and open it. So my mother and I drove to the grocery store with a hanger. The problem was when I got there the car was new enough that the door had no opening to even try to get a hanger in. The result was my father had to call pop-a-lock again to where they charged an extra $10 for a cancellation fee making the total of our money spent getting our car unlocked was $40 literally all the money we had made that day. Again as I've said before, being 30 and having gone through various drug addictions I don't at all blame my father. I know it probably hurt him more than anyone since it was a foolish mistake but a mistake none the less. Money and the lack there of has the power to cause immense pain, suffering, and trauma and you can look at the past and wish something could have been done, but it's too late.

The thing is at this point in time at Northwest my brother called me one-night bragging about how much money he was making as a welder and thought I should come live with him. He abandoned our family after they gave him everything and instead of sending money to help his parents and two younger siblings and infant nephew he spent it on beer and himself, just like my father.